Search

@moonoo2

I'm updating the utility because I found a bug in it. And it gives a hard time ... Will release it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Done.

Page LHandles updated to version 1.2.5 on 27th of August 2011

• Added utilities/plh-toolkit.xsl utility for easier URL generation.
  • Updated README with more examples for utility methods.

Checkout the readme for some useful examples regarding this utility.

I filed an issue regarding the use of sym_ instead of tbl.

Fixed. Thanks!

Page LHandles updated to version 1.2.6 on 31st of August 2011

• Fix issue #13 where sym_ was hardcoded in query. It now properly uses t b l _.

Why doesn't this extension automaticly inherit the default name and handle of the page when a field is left blank? Or automaticly generates a handle if this field is left blank? Is this a bug or a feature?

On preferences page there is a button "Update pages data"Fill test Names and Handles for Pages. It will fill empty names and handles like:

CAPS(lang_code)Title
CAPS(lang_code)Handle

Yeah, I updated the README in this commit with this info.

@kanduvisla

Hahaha :)) I just noticed that in later versions this feature is missing (perhaps I refactored the code so well that I forgot to add it). It exists in 1.1, but not later. I'm readding it right now.

Page LHandles updated to version 1.2.7 on 17th of September 2011

• Readded the button in preferences to automatically fill empty localisation title and handle for Pages. It was lost somewhere in transition from 1.1 to 1.2.
  • Code cleanup.

Page LHandles updated to version 1.2.8 on 22nd of September 2011

• Typo fix. Renamed plh-toolikt.xsl to plh-toolkit.xsl
  • Added more templates in plh-toolkit.xsl

Page LHandles updated to version 1.2.8.1 on 24th of September 2011

Page LHandles updated to version 2.0 on 15th of November 2011

• most notable, it now depends on Frontend Localisation instead of Language Redirect.
  • general clean-up.

Now depending on Frontend Localisation, it is decoupled from Language Redirect. Follow the instructions from Frontend localisation if you want another Language Driver instead of Language Redirect.

First of all thanks for the extension its pretty good. However I just noticed a few minor things... maybe not so important.

First of all if I have a page which is set to Articles(symphony name page) if I do http://mysite.com/ru/articles still works even if the correct version is http://mysite.com/ru/ruarticles (I am sure I can resolve this with a redirect/page but just making a small note.

Secondly I am not sure if you have ever used Root Page Params, along with the lhandles not sure where the bug should be filed but I'd assume it would be here since the root page works on its own.

If I had to set the params to be on say Articles (not home) usually works fine allows a very customisable interface. However what happens is that no matter how many parameters I pass along these never get selected. I am not sure if this would be because the extension is maybe waiting to see a page-handle thus removes all the items from the param list... just asking so I can have a look. :)

First of all if I have a page which is set to Articles(symphony name page) if I do http://mysite.com/ru/articles still works even if the correct version is http://mysite.com/ru/ruarticles (I am sure I can resolve this with a redirect/page but just making a small note.

I noticed it but I don't really consider it a bug. Symphony needs and URL like /p1-handle/p2-handle/param1/param2 to process and request P2 page. What I'm doing is to simply convert /p1-en-handle/p2-en-handle/param1/param2 to /p1-handle/p2-handle/param1/param2. So indeed, on direct request of a page with Symphony Handles, PLH won't match any language and leave the URL untouched thus returning that required page.

When multilingual will be handled by the core, this situation will be eliminated.

Secondly I am not sure if you have ever used Root Page Params, along with the lhandles not sure where the bug should be filed but I'd assume it would be here since the root page works on its own.

Didn't use Root Page Params, sorry. I have a hunch that these extensions conflict in some way regarding delegate execution order. Feel free to fork and check it out :)

P.S. What version of Page LHandles are you using?

As for version should be the Latest one I presume downloaded from git 1/2 days ago. I can do with having the original handles working its not such a big deal to be honest and can be resolved with some htaccess rules if need be.

Didn't use Root Page Params, sorry. I have a hunch that these extensions conflict in some way regarding delegate execution order. Feel free to fork and check it out :)

Ah ok no problem will try play around a bit later on. If I understood correctly from the bit you mentioned before - If no handle match is found these are left as is correct? If so the parameters I would assume should still be there. The problem I had was that the category and entry params in mysite.com/category/entry were showing as empty. (this was no matter how many parameters I put in there be it 2 or 3) however the page type was being correctly guessed... (ie articles not home). I'll have a go at understanding both of them later today see where the conflict lies and submit a patch if I manage to get to the bottom of it.

If no handle match is found these are left as is correct? If so the parameters I would assume should still be there.

Indeed, this is the intended behavior. But perhaps there is a mistake somewhere. Let me know if you find anything. You will want to start from here.

Sorry my bad - seems to work now forgot to thick an option in the Root Page Params... it was trying to find the page name and remove it from the URL strangely enough so I was having pages without parameters...

Good to hear it's everything OK.

VladG, if I was to append a textarea to the Blueprints > Pages entries, would there be a way for PageLHandles to hook into a textarea to create 2 tabs? just thinking of a simple static page build where I have a textarea appended to a new extension that extends the blueprints > pages delegate and am now looking at multilingual approach.

Your thoughts would be very welcome here.

EDIT

Ignore me, having thought about it a bit more this extension alters datasources. I don't use datasources for the textarea anyways, I'm using a param!

Page LHandles updated to version 2.4 on 8th of February 2012