Search

Thanks Huib. I tried that branch however and got this error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/srv/www/slsc.org.uk/publichtml/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.manager.php' (includepath='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/slsc.org.uk/publichtml/extensions/emailtemplate_manager/lib/class.emailtemplatemanager.php on line 5

Do you think this is a local problem or related to the extension?

@stuart, I was pretty sure I fixed that one. Can you file a bug on the repo please? I'll get to it as soon as possible.

2.3.x branch release soon? Anyone have issues with 2.3.x?

I’ve installed and set up the 2.3.x branch and up until now I didn’t come across any issue.

Well, yes, it should work fine. An official release has to wait for some minor bugs to be fixed. These issue shouldn't make you wait – they are in the 2.2.x (master) branch as well. :-)

Thanks guys! Thanks for clarifying Michael :-)

I'm testing out the 2.3.x branch since I'm running Symphony 2.3.1 and I keep running across this error, when I submit the form on the front end.

Fatal error: Cannot access private property Symphony::$Log in /Sites/localsite.site/public/extensions/email_template_manager/lib/class.emailtemplate.php on line 253

I am using the tutorial that was included with the README file.

On the 2.3.x branch...

ACTUALLY, line 253 needs to be updated from Symphony::$Log to Symphony::Log()

That fixes the error.

Submitted a Github issue.

I saw on another post that brendo had mentioned functionality for debugging your templates within the backend of symphony....could anybody elaborate on how to do this? :)

From memory you could just append ?debug to the url of the preview of your template and you should be good. This does require the debug devkit extension to be enabled, though.

I am running the 2.3 branch and cannot view the preview of the template, nor the debug :/ thanks for elaborating though :)

I am getting compilation errors when i try to preview the templates or debug the templates.

Hmm, I'll check it out. What version of Symphony are you using?

It would be great if the ETM would output a parameter along the lines of etm-email-name so you can reference the email itself to enable a section for a client to edit their own email messages from a section...brilliant extension :)

I am running Symphony 2.3. Currently managing to work around the lack of preview and debug tools by mailing myself the outputted xml data using <xsl:value-of select="."/> which although not ideal, is workable.

Thanks. Today my big project went live, so in a week or so most of the work for that should be over, and I'll have time to really look into this.

I have also noticed that the system doesn't send any HTML emails, but is happy to send plain text ones...that may just be me missing something. Will work some more on it and see if i can make any progress...

I'm not experienced enough to know if this is a problem. Never-the-less, I'll post it and you can ignore it if it's not a problem. I'm running 2.3.2RC1 with Email Template Manager 2.3x branch. I know I'm working in a yet unreleased version 2.3.2RC1. I'd created a email template, body which had an attached utility, and pressed the Preview HTML Layout button.

Symphony Fatal Error: Error compiling xml with xslt: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/var/www/workspace/email-templates/new-user/workspace/utilities/admin-email.xsl"

An error occurred in /var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/lib/class.emailtemplate.php around line 191
    186                     if($res){
    187                         $result[strtolower($type)] = $res;
    188                     }
    189                     else{
    190                         $error = $this->getError();
    191                         throw new EmailTemplateException('Error compiling xml with xslt: ' . $error[1]['message']);
    192                     }
    194                 }
    195             } 
Backtrace
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/lib/class.emailtemplate.php:201]
        EmailTemplate->render();
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/content/content.templates.php:301]
        EmailTemplate->preview();
    [/var/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:630]
        contentExtensionemail_template_managertemplates->__viewPreview();
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/lib/class.extensionpage.php:20]
        AdministrationPage->__switchboard();
    [/var/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:587]
        ExtensionPage->__switchboard();
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/lib/class.extensionpage.php:26]
        AdministrationPage->view();
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/content/content.templates.php:313]
        ExtensionPage->view();
    [/var/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:429]
        contentExtensionemail_template_managertemplates->view();
    [/var/www/extensions/email_template_manager/content/content.templates.php:328]
        AdministrationPage->build();
    [/var/www/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:254]
        contentExtensionemail_template_managertemplates->build();
    [/var/www/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:442]
        Administration->__buildPage();
    [/var/www/index.php:22]
        Administration->display();
Database Query Log
    [0.0001] SET character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8';
    [0.0001] SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE t1.name, t2.page, t2.delegate, t2.callback FROM `sym_extensions` as t1 INNER JOIN `sym_extensions_delegates` as t2 ON t1.id = t2.extension_id WHERE t1.status = 'enabled' ORDER BY t2.delegate, t1.name;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE `session_data` FROM `sym_sessions` WHERE `session` = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' LIMIT 1;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE a.* FROM `sym_authors` AS `a` WHERE `username` = 'xxxx' ORDER BY a.id ASC LIMIT 1;
    [0.0002] UPDATE sym_authors SET `last_seen` = '2013-02-27 14:23:02' WHERE `id` = 1;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE `name` FROM `sym_extensions` WHERE `status` = 'enabled';
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM `sym_extensions`;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `s`.* FROM `sym_sections` AS `s` ORDER BY `s`.`sortorder` asc;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM sym_anti_brute_force_wl WHERE IP = '192.168.1.131' LIMIT 1;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM sym_anti_brute_force_bl WHERE IP = '192.168.1.131' LIMIT 1;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM sym_anti_brute_force WHERE IP = '192.168.1.131' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(LastAttempt) + (60 * 60) > UNIX_TIMESTAMP() AND FailedCount >= 5 LIMIT 1;
    [0.0001] SET character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8';
    [0.0001] SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE a.* FROM `sym_authors` AS `a` WHERE `username` = 'glen' ORDER BY a.id ASC LIMIT 1;
    [0.0001] UPDATE sym_authors SET `last_seen` = '2013-02-27 14:23:02' WHERE `id` = 1;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE `id` FROM `sym_fields` WHERE 1 AND `parent_section` = 9 AND `element_name` IN ('name') ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC;
    [0.0000] SELECT SQL_CACHE t1.* FROM sym_fields AS `t1` WHERE 1 AND t1.`id` IN(46);
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM `sym_fields_input` WHERE `field_id` IN (46);
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `e`.id, `e`.section_id, e.`author_id`, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(e.`creation_date`) AS `creation_date`, UNIX_TIMEST

Looking at this part of the error: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/var/www/workspace/email-templates/new-user/workspace/utilities/admin-email.xsl it seems you are including a utility, but the path is wrong.

Can you share your template?

Sure. You might note that I've migrated data from 2.2.5 and I use to use the Email Template Filter.

EDIT: Admin-email.txt

Attachments:
admin-email.txt and template.txt