Thanks for the update.

On a stock install I:

1. Enabled ("to install")
  2. Checked a section and didn't see the text formatter in the list
  3. Created a new section-item and didn't see it in the list
  4. Generally couldn't get it to show up in the list no matter what
  5. Disabled the extension
  6. Re-enabled it
  7. Noticed the TinyMCE formatter now showed up in the list.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, but I followed all the steps of the README file but couldn’t get TinyMCE to work, on a basic Symphony installation. Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue?

Fatal error: Class 'Administration' not found in /htdocs/extensions/richtext_tinymce/extension.driver.php on line 31

This error happens when using tiny mce and sections schemas extension. Any ideas how to fix? Symphony 2.2.1 , TimyMCE 2.0 , Sections schemas 1.7.1

Any ideas how to fix?

This extension and "Text Formatter: CKEditor" seem to have problems when Symphony is installed in a subdirectory. The links are not displayed correctly.

In TinyMCE, when i put a hyperlink as http://localhost:8888/sym/workspace/uploads/image.jpg the link breaks and appears as http://localhost:8888/workspace/uploads/image.jpg

It appears that tinymce has some problems with actual version of symphony. I have isntalled 2.2.5. and lates tinymce formatter (march 2011) and it does not work in backend in textareas.

Could it be fixed somehow ?

Could it be fixed somehow ?

What doesn't work? Try looking in your JavaScript console — any errors?

Works fine for me. But I have some other ideas for this extension I would like to discuss.

First, I think it would be a good thing to "submodule" the TinyMCE-code like @phoque did with the MarkItUp!-extension, so the editor itself can be updated more easily and more often.

Second, what about making HTML Purifier available as some kind of core library or as a separate extension, so other text formatter-extensions can utilize it in the same way the mardown text formatter does?

I am now away from my notebook and write from my phone. I will be back later and send as much code as i can see and get. I am using safari on windows 7 64bit and symphony is on classic hosting with virtual hosts.

Hi all, maybe I have found some problem. In attachemnt is a screenshot from webinspector of Safari browser which I am using. It shows error in file richtext_tinymce.publish.js.

Could someone look at it ?

Thanks

Attachments:
symphony_tinymce_jserr.png

@wyrm Looks like a missing quote and comma at the end of line 17 (...buttons1).

Hi Jens, It is not missing, because for screenshot it was quite long. So screenshot cutted the end. But line is complete. Do you have any advices about that JS part of code ???

@wyrm Sorry, no. Otherwise, your config file looks ok to me.

I have installed ckeditor, but I would like to know what is wrong for future use of this extension. I will try to include more code here later

I'm having a problem with TinyMCE that I haven't had before (2 problems actually, but I'm assuming they're the same thing).

Sometimes when I go to a page all of the buttons in tinyMCE appear to be laid on top of one another (see: http://cl.ly/3e3W3A0Y2P3C200i2N3o). Other times, when I try to resize the field the background of the field collapses to what looks like 1 px to the left (see: http://cl.ly/0z3D3E3B183f2Y2h0f1o).

This hasn't happened in previous versions of Symphony, so I'm wondering whether it's some sort of markup issue or conflict. Using Symphony 2.2.5

Thanks, Liam.

@liamegan Know what you mean.

I might have found some sort of workaround, but I'm not really sure about this. It seems to have something to do with unreliable loading of /themes/advanced/skins/[skinname]/ui.css.

What I did to 'fix' it:

Added this to modifyTextarea in extension.driver.php:

Administration::instance()->Page->addStylesheetToHead(URL . '/extensions/richtext_tinymce/lib/themes/advanced/skins/symphony/ui.css', 'screen', null, false);

Added this to richtext_tinymce.publish.js (prevents the stylesheet from being loaded twice):

setup: function(editor) {
    tinymce.DOM.files[Symphony.Context.get('root') + '/extensions/richtext_tinymce/lib/themes/advanced/skins/symphony/ui.css'] = true;
}

See here for further reference.

Thanks jensscherbl, unfortunately that didn't fix the problem that I'm experiencing :(

http://cl.ly/04382x1x0g1O2y0i3D3B

L

My post was just related to the first issue, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Seems it still needs a little testing and fixing. Stay tuned...

Ahh, right on. Thanks.

@nickdunn

I saw you changed the delegates for the extension's 2.3 release. Seems to fix the issue @liamegan and I experienced with the 2.2.5 version.

Definitely a better solution than the workaround I described above. Thanks.

Hi, I've tried to insert into my "rich-text" field some specials characters like "è, ò, ù etc.." and it get's an Invalid XML error.

How I can use this field with these ?!

Thank's Davide

p.s. I use 2.25v