Search

@true

With the change in line 39 it "doubles" the root path. So it becomes http://localhost/sub/localhost/sub/pagename instead of http://localhost/sub/pagename

ok, I updated at 1.2.1 at it works fine.

@plenaforma

Interesting, I changed this piece of code and it works, what version you have installed?

Attachments:
chan.jpg

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.2.2 on 16th of August 2011

• Updated to CKEditor 3.6.1

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.2.3 on 18th of August 2011

Added 'Compact mode' for a compact CKEditor:

alt text

@true using symp 2.2.1 with 1.2.1 editor

ckeditor extension in firefox mozilla browser shows text as (i mean in administration part):

<p>&#1042;&#1077;&#1089;&#1077;&#1085;&#1085;&#1080;&#1081; &#1082;&#1086;&#1085;&#1094;&#1077;&#1088;&#1090; &#1040;&#1085;&#1089;&#1072;&#1084;&#1073;&#1083;&#1103; &#1072;&#1088;&#1072;&#1073;&#1089;&#1082;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086; &#1090;&#1072;&#1085;&#1094;&#1072; &#34;&#1061;&#1072;&#1073;&#1080;&#1073;&#1080;&#34;. &#1053;&#1086;&#1074;&#1072;&#1103; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1075;&#1088;&#1072;&#1084;&#1084;&#1072; &#1087;&#1086;&#1083;&#1085;&#1072; &#1089;&#1102;&#1088;&#1087;&#1088;&#1080;&#1079;&#1086;&#1074; ;-)</p>

and i don't look ckeditor buttons top to the textarea

in Chrome it is ok, Safari ok

Why?

Added 'Compact mode' for a compact CKEditor:

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you access the compact editor? I don't see it in the Text Formatter drop down menu.

Also, this is a more general question, I'm not sure if someone can help me on this, but how could I use a param like $root inside a textarea? Should I use a string replace utility or something similar?

Hello guys,

Can someone give me a hint on how to acces this compact mode? I though changing the textarea rows height would do, but it doesn't.

Thanks for your help.

Antoine

Can someone give me a hint on how to acces this compact mode? I though changing the textarea rows height would do, but it doesn't.

It's provided as a text formatter, make sure you have installed the latest version.

As per the other question, take a look at this thread.

Thanks a lot Marco for your help. It turns out I didn't have the latest version even though I downloaded it after reading the post. Cheers!

EDIT: Had time to fix issue with Textbox; https://github.com/kanduvisla/symphony-ckeditor/pull/9.

EDIT2: And time to fix a JS error in console posted on same issue

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.2.4 on 16th of January 2012

• Updated for S2.3
  • Implemented Link Templates (see note below)

Link Templates

With link templates, it's possible to extend the list of links to choose from when creating a hyperlink with dynamic pages. For example, you have a section with news items, and each news item has it's own page, for example /news/25/hello-world/ or /news/248/all-hail-the-king/.

With link templates, you can set one or more templates in the preferences screen. You can choose which section it applies to and which field to use as display name:

link template editor

Next, when you create a link in your text, and you want to refer to the entry, it shows up in the list of pre-defined links to choose from:

link window

Enjoy!

Wow! Good work!

Holy cow! This may almost be enough to get my to try out a WYSIWYG editor :D

+1

Why custom styles added via plugins/styles/styles/default.js don't show up?

This is current configuration (from /assets/symphony.ckeditor.js):

var configurationData = {
    removePlugins : 'font',
    extraPlugins : 'xmlentities,charcount',
    toolbar : 
        [
            ['HorizontalRule'],
            ['Styles'],
            ['Source', 'Maximize']
        ],
};

If I add the styles directly to this object, they appear:

var configurationData = {
    stylesSet: {name:'Text: Orange', element:'span', attributes:{ 'class':'title' }}
};

So ... why styles won't show up the normal way?

Has anyone tried using the 'Browse Server' functionality linked to a section including fields other than the basic file upload? I am using the multilingual image/file upload extensions and would like to have them be selectable via the browse server button.

Currently linking to a non basic file upload section results in a blank screen when browsing server, but I've confirmed the functionality working with a basic file upload section.

I've tried adding data from text input fields along with the image URL but can't get it to work. CKEditor is a beast. The value of the first text field can be seen in the Ajax preview of the filebrowser but I can't seem to send it to the CKEditor through image.js

I did note that the filebrowser is broken when using Fancy Forms but can be fixed by replacing the "$" with "jQuery" in the script, seems to be a jQuery conflict. Dunno if it's a help to anyone.

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.3 on 24th of April 2012

Introducing 'Link Templates' (please note this was also added for S2.3, but recent client demands made me edit it to work with S2.2.3+):

Imgur

Say, you got a page called 'News', and a section called 'News articles' in which you store all your news articles. This means your news articles probably got URL's like:

• /news/detail/25/my-new-site/
  • /news/detail/31/grand-opening/
  • /news/detail/40/visit-of-the-queen/

You might want to link to these pages from other pages, but you don't want to copy/paste those links. You just want them to be there in your dropdown of Symphony Pages when you select a link. This is where link templates come in: You can create a link template like: /news/detail/{$id}/{$title}/, choose a section the generate the list from, and select the page from where to show these links. You can set these in the preferences page of your Symphony installation.