Search

Managed a Javascript fix

Basically did a context check within the document.ready function

var con = Symphony.Context.get('env');
var pg = con['page'];
if (pg == 'new' || pg == 'edit'){

Add the following before the current script within the .ready and enclose the jquery.each function within the if statement. Works like a charm for me :)

@Guillem

@vladG: thank's for all your support!

De rien :)

@guillem

Update: there is a conflict somewhere with Publish Filtering extension. Check out this discussion. To get beside the error mentioned here I'm using this in extension.driver.php:

public function addPublishHeaders($page) {
    $callback = Administration::instance()->getPageCallback();
    if ( ($callback['driver'] == 'publish') && ( $callback['context']['page'] == 'new' || $callback['context']['page'] == 'edit') ) {
        if ($page and !$this->addedPublishHeaders) {
            $page->addStylesheetToHead(URL . '/extensions/multilingual_field/assets/multilingual_field.publish.css', 'screen', 10251840);
            $page->addScriptToHead(URL . '/extensions/multilingual_field/assets/multilingual_field.publish.js', 10251840);

$this->addedPublishHeaders = true;
        }
    }
}

@vladG: Ok, I will try to rewrite all this part of the extension this weekend and pull a new version with all this issues fixed.

@guillem

Well, the only thing that should be added is this fail-safe check in addPublishHeaders:

if ( ($callback['driver'] == 'publish') && ( $callback['context']['page'] == 'new' || $callback['context']['page'] == 'edit') ) {
}

The strange behavior that triggers the function displayPublishPanel()is caused by Publish Filter extension. Perhaps Nick could have a look at it.

Just updated the version of the repository with latest bugs fixed and Romain translation added.

Thank's to all for report bugs and special thank's to vladG.

Multilingual Field updated to version 1.3.1 on 11th of April 2011

Version 2.2.1 doens't recognize the languages Current supported languages: empty Anyone has the same problem? Is there a fix?

Guillem - just found another issue I think - don't know if someone can confirm it. When I go into my section, I cannot filter posts by multilingual field values...

instead of a text box I am getting a dropdown list showing the different languages. Only happens on fields which are multilingual... This was caused by the 2.2 update. I have also updated the extension to 1.3 and the problem still persits. I would like to filter my posts via title for example which is multilingual... and I can choose only is English/French/German... which i guess is something broken Ideas to fix this would be appriciated

@wdebusschere: Do you have installed the Language Redirecte extension? If not install Language Redirect extension and define the language codes in the Preferences.

@gunglien: Yes, something happens here, I will check and update the extension. Thanks for report it.

@gunglien: bug fixed and published the new version to the repo.

Just changed this in line 493:

$is_publish_filtering = $callback['driver'] == 'filters';

for this

$is_publish_filtering = $callback['driver'] == 'publish';

@guillem_l

bug fixed but another arose. with that fix to allow filters disables the whole functionality of the multilingual field... the javascript seemed to break for sure and I had no tabs for the separate languages... it does enable filtering however...

Issue fixed

replace the line with the below - makes a check if page is index or not so it does not break the functionality

// Publish filtering fields in  default language
if (Symphony::Engine()->Page->_context['page'] == 'index')
    $is_publish_filtering = $callback['driver'] == 'publish';
else $is_publish_filtering = $callback['driver'] == 'filters';

@gunglien

The latest version (1.3.1) resolved the above .js issue.

Deleted as being a duplicate of #112.

Updated fixig this issue.

Sorry for the previous bad fix, please try new version. I used addedPublishHeaders logic to deffine if is publish filtering call.

I must thank for this extension, it is truly remarkable!

@rudy: Thank you!

I’m trying to submit some text to a Multilingual field by means of a front end event. I’ve inserted the code provided as a reference when I created the event, which is:

<input name="fields[text]" type="text" />

The entry is registered, all works fine but the Multilingual field, where only the first letter of the text is recorded and it appears in all the languages fields.

Can you help me, please? How can I make the text beeing full recorded only for the current language field?

Thanks!

@theBigMandarino:do you have to give the following name to the input:

<input name="fields[text][value-{$url-language}]" type="text" />

where $url-language is the current language.

I will check how to reflect this in the event form code reference.