Search

How about “All pages”? Could that eliminate the need for the Global Resource Loader extension?

That’s a good idea! The only thing that worries me is the selectbox’ size growing up twice the number of pages.

Edit: https://github.com/eKoeS/edui/commit/9ac7345b629f34c68dbaa1796bc2ec09ded72583

Events, Datasources and Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.5.1 on 1st of March 2011

Symphony 2.2 compatibility

Simone, I have two small issues with the extension (and the current Symphony 2.2.1 beta):

• Symphony Wanrning when attempting to link pages using the "with selected" menu:

Missing argument 1 for Manager::__construct(), called in /var/www/maschine/extensions/edui/content/content.datasources.php on line 256 and defined
        /var/www/maschine/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.manager.php line 36

31       *
        32       * @param Administration $parent
        33       *  The Administration object that this manager has been created from
        34       *  passed by reference
        35       */
        36        public function __construct(&$parent){
        37          $this->_Parent = $parent;
        38        }
        40      /**

• A small styling glitch in Safari (latest version):

Screenshot

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-28 um 13.56.03.png

Thank you Michael, a fix is coming ;)

Simone, any news on this?

Ah, sorry! I forgot about this one. I have enough free time today to look at those issues, so... stay tuned :)

Michael, does the following commit fix your issues?

https://github.com/eKoeS/edui/commit/a7c4e764dee274e9537c0058dcad75fc2afa3006

You might want a min-width of at least 541px on the .filters .filter class to avoid the text input floating down in Safari when the browser window is resized to a narrow width.

Otherwise, that looks much better. :-)

Otherwise, that looks much better. :-)

Indeed. My issues are fixed (but bauhouse is right about narrow windows).

One question though: How are pages in the "with selected" menu sorted? Shouldn't the dropdown menu reflect Symphony's "internal" order?

You might want a min-width of at least 541px on the .filters .filter class to avoid the text input floating down in Safari when the browser window is resized to a narrow width.

Are you sure? I tried setting min-width to 518 which is the computed width and it works as well (at least on Chrome). Can you confirm?

Maybe the problem is that selectboxes on Mac OS are wider...

Okay, I think I have found the solution: width: auto plus white-space: nowrap :)

Events, Datasources and Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.5.2 on 5th of April 2011

I still don't understand the sorting in the "with-selected" menu, as posted above.

@Michael: changing line 6 of class.pagemanager.php from:

$query = "SELECT `handle`, `title` FROM `sym_pages`";

to:

$query = "SELECT `handle`, `title` FROM `sym_pages` ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC";

should solve your issue. :)

It does.

So will you include this? (I hate to hack extensions...)

I don't think it's enough for another release, but I'll certainly push I've just pushed this change to the GitHub repo.

Thanks!

Bit of an odd request, but it may be useful to sort by the Release Date.

• I'm updating a site from pre 2.1 that has 51 datasources, if I could sort by Release Date, then I know what datasources I've resaved already
  • If a bug was introduced on the site, sorting by datasources could aid in debugging (has anything recently changed)

Bit of an odd request, but it may be useful to sort by the Release Date.

That's a nice idea, Brendan. :) Anybody else wishing for this feature?

I think it would be quite helpful.