Search

Hi Nitriques, just looking at other oembed API providers to try and build my own driver.

I'm guessing the oot of the returned XML has to be oembed? I'm looking at Qik.com and see they have <hash> as the root node.

This seems to be an invalid oembed standard?

http://qik.com/api/oembed.xml?url=http://qik.com/video/49565

I'm guessing the extension is looking for the oembed root node at all times yes?

Field: oEmbed updated to version 1.2.2 on 6th of October 2011

Temp version.... use 1.3 instead

Field: oEmbed updated to version 1.3 on 6th of October 2011

On a related note, I spoke to Flickr's engineers last week and asked them to increase the maximum allowable image size via oEmbed. It was locked to 500px wide (proportional), but now they will allow up to 1024px wide (proportional) — this is the "Large" image size when you're viewing on Flickr.

@nitriques shweeeet, expect a pull request soon! Just testing Qik videos out.

Field: oEmbed updated to version 1.3.1 on 16th of October 2011

Thanks to @moonoo2, the extension now support 3 more drivers: Dailymotion, Qik and Viddler!

I did some refactor and improved comments in the code... See the README file for all changes.

I am currently working on version 1.3.2 and this release will contain some nice features :)

Cool, Think i will be using this extension for an upcoming project. looking forward to it!

@nitriques, shweeeet. exciting stuff. Got all drivers working nicely locally woop!

I am getting a fatal database error after saving a section with the Oembed field; (see attachement ) I get this both in symphony 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 on local and remote server...
Anyone knows what's going on here?

Attachments:
Schermafbeelding 2011-11-10 om 17.06.02.png

Hey @cremol, are you using latest branch of the extension? Does the entry actually save in the Database or does it fail to save?

That would probably be my fault for omitting a comma in my last pull request. Adding a comma on that line should resolve the issue.

Hey Andrew, I downloaded the latest branch (v 1.3.1)... i get the error when creating a new section with the oEmbed recource field. The database error appears when i click ' create section'.....

Attachments:
Schermafbeelding 2011-11-11 om 00.37.45.png

@brendo,
Yeah i added the comma and it's working now... you where just a little quicker with your comment :)
@moonoo2... looking forward to use this extension!

Hah.. @brendo its always 1 character init!

@cremol enjoy :)

@Nitriques and moonoo2;
Great extension!
I stumbled on two small bugs;
Thumbnails don't display in the entrie overview (see atachement)
And i tested the viddler driver, but this is giving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DOMElement::saveXML() in /home//publichtml/dev1/extensions/oembedfield/lib/drivers/class.serviceViddler.php on line 46

Attachments:
Schermafbeelding 2011-11-14 om 22.06.33.png

Hmmm, I wonder if Nitriques has updated the Viddler Extension since I coded it? Haven't ever seen thumbs in the overview page on any of them as of yet, so not sure there.

@moonoo2:
In my section i only have the oembed field. and i think there's the 'problem' When you choose 'display field’s value in entries table' it looks like it's trying to display the thumbnail link.
The path to the thumbnail now is: /image/1/0/50/1/vimeo.com/31894179/
This looks incorrect. I think the following link should be rendered in this case:
/image/1/0/50/1/b.vimeocdn.com/ts/215/412/215412006_1280.jpg
taken directly from the thumbnail data... not sure if this is possible though.

It would be nice to have the option to display some of the xml data, like title or thumbnail in the entries table.
Cause now it only shows a broken thumbnail image or the entry id, which makes it hard to find the right entry.

Ah I see, for the time being there should be a caveat that not all Oembed services provide access to a thumbnail url.. and the code doesn't cater for the table view as far as I'm aware.. the idea is a good one though, but to inconsistencies on oembed services, we can't commit to this at present..

Will have a think though! as I agree the Thumbs is a good searching device for a large number of entries.

Ok thanks, no hurry...
If it's possible to show the thumbnail in the entries table...; I tried every service supported at the moment, except Qik and i was able to display thumbnails of all of them in the front-end.
Must say that some services output different xml, i tackled that using a condition...
Not sure if this same approach can be used for displaying the thumbs in the entries table. I guess php is used for this...?

Anyway... this is a minor issue, and be a plus if supported in future version, but no big deal. :)