Search

What's the goal of your filter, Alexander?

Thanks Pat, looks promising. But for reasons I don’t understand

later than {$jahr}-01-01, earlier than now

does work (though of course not further limiting the query), but

later than {$jahr}-01-01 + earlier than now

renders an error: <error>implode(): Invalid arguments passed</error>

Do I need brackets? Am I using the plus wrongly?

Thanks for any help!

@Nils the goal is to get all entries in a specific year. But if the year is the current one, I only want those before now, alas in the past.

Wow, up at 5:30 already? :) or is it just the Symphony Servers time?

In this case your syntax is right but the plus operator doesn't work. I'm not sure if this is a Symphony or Date and Time bug. Will have to ask Brendan how this is supposed to work.

Wow, up at 5:30 already? :) or is it just the Symphony Servers time?

You forgot to change the daylight saving time settings for your forum account. It was 6:30 :)

Thanks Nils!

The filter I think I would need to have the results I want would be: {$jahr} + earlier than now ie 2013 + earlier than now. This should work for the current and all past years, but like in the above example it renders an error. Let me know if can give more information.

6:30 sounds perfectly ok, then :)

6:30 sounds perfectly ok, then :)

No, it doesn't yawn

but the plus operator doesn't work.

It's a bug that was fixed.

Thanks Vlad, I tried to patch this. Still the same error. Is symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php maybe cached somewhere, or do I need to recreate the DS?

Hmm, that bug refers to parameters sent via URL Get params. Perhaps it's a deeper bug?

Over my head already ...

Alexander, would you mind posting a bug report on the Symphony repo on Github? From what I understand, Date and Time takes care of the plus and comma separators so this certainly has to do with the core. Referencing @brendo in the issue might be a good idea.

Thanks!

Thanks Vlad and Nils!

Ok, here it is. Hope it’s clear enough.

Would that also be related to the previous problem I encountered (+ azzagazz)

@Pat, I replied in the Symphony ticket, I believe your filter is a little off

@animaux, I pushed a fix to the DateTime development branch which will ignore broken filters. This may be what is happening in your scenario. Does your filter work if you use a static year (ie. don't use {$jahr}, use 2013.

In both scenarios, if you have issues, please try on a complete Symphony integration install as there are several classes working together here. I have also pushed a tweak to the Symphony branch so that when an exception occurs inside a Datasource, the error in the XML will now be the the message, the line number and the file in which it originated so we can debug this better.

Is there a way to filter for only entries without end dates?

I saw in the Filtering confusion issue ticket that Nils has suggested a is single keyword, but is there any other way to do it in the meantime?

@brendo thanks, replacing the dynamic value with a static 2013 didn’t work either. After installing the fix 2013 + earlier than now now includes entries earlier than now. Unfortunately a full integration install would break my current site since it uses image_upload.

Just wanted to update everyone that my previous issue was fixed by updating to Symphony 2.3.3!

Great to hear!

For me too, btw :)

start: equal to or earlier than now + end: equal to or later than {$today} works. But it seems that end: equal to or later than now (with time) doesn't

EDIT: after reading: https://github.com/hananils/datetime/issues/135, it was all clear

Date and Time 2 updated to version 3.1.2 on 22nd of November 2013