Search

If it wasn't for the diligent community members …

Let's thank the Wayback Machine for this one ;)

Guys, only a bit more than 400 EUR to go until we can really kick off this project! So happy to see our first issues on Github spark some interesting discussions - so much more to come when we get this rolling. Any further donations are welcome, no matter how big or small.

Let's do this!

There should also be support for mobile devices... Mobile layout :)

Guys, only a bit more than 400 EUR

I'll make a donation every thursday until it reaches 0,-- Who's with me? Doesn't have to be thursday, you can do it on any day you like!

Thursday is good with me! I won't eat today and then we can rejoice tomorrow as the pot gets bigger and my belly shrinks :)

@moonoo, I know what you are feeling. No pizza for me tonight, it'll be whatever I have left in the fridge!

I hope pizza in not that expensive in the Netherlands ;)
Thanks by the way, Huib and the others! 380 € left.

There should also be support for mobile devices

@miika, yes, the factory will definitely be a responsive design!

Why didn't someone remind me it was Thursday yesterday??? where does the time go!

Not far now. 5 less beers tonight for me :)

and... donated!

Why didn't someone remind me it was Thursday yesterday?

Oh sorry, will remind you next week!

Am I the only one that thinks this is a horrible idea? I guess I should ask, can this not be used, so is it a different download or extension? This is a very bad idea because the way those frameworks started is as prototyping and wireframe implementations. This will cause bloat in every Symphony installation if not done well. I would much rather see something like Skeleton. It needs to be very light-weight and flexible.

ars265, I'm pretty sure you misunderstand what the Symphony Factory is.

It is the future website and network design for the community. Several websites have popped up over the past year that support the Symphony community and a decision was made to incorporate all of the sites as a network to provide a more content rich experience for visitors.

Symphony Factory provides a foundation for these network sites to keep a consistent design and user experience across the network.

Factory is going to be a set of templates and style rules for building Symphony network sites; that is: the redesign of this website, symphonyextensions.com, xpathr.com and so on. The intention isn't to bundle this with Symphony itself.

From the original post:

The idea behind Symphony Factory is to provide an easy-to-use HTML, CSS and JavaScript framework to create websites for the Symphony Network with a unified design

In short: it's branding.

Nick, you're getting slow. I think you need to oil your bearings :-)

I love the purple dot.
Please don't leave the purple dot.

Great idea which will help to grow the product and the community. Donated and can;t wait to see the progress.

Thanks for the latest donations. If you want to follow the development:

Reminder: it is thursday.

Boosh! Thursday is pay day for Factory workers :)