Search

I’m having trouble making this the default page when login. I think it could be because my site is is in a folder during development stage. (http://{url}.co.uk/{folder-name}/)

Is there a way I can fix this?

the last i heard, it was in the works. i’m also interested to learn the progress on this.

Dashboard updated to version 1.2 on 5th of February 2011

Dashboard updated to version 1.3.1 on 8th of February 2011

This adds some coolness:

• fixes styling differences between Firefox and Chrome
  • in Symphony 2.2, allow user to select Dashboard as their “default area” when they log in
  • makes the Dashboard link in the navigation a single link rather than a dropdown menu

Recommend you use this only with Symphony 2.2.

hooray! this is great news. thanks, nick!

@nickdunn - Thanks for all you do! Your extensions are amazing!!!

Could this extension be tweaked so that the front-end mimics the dashboard? ie. from the dashboard, if a user chooses to have blogs in the right-hand column then these will appear in the right-hand column on the front-end?

Front end development is solely down to the developer, so if you wanted to kimic the backend, you could, but you would have to build it all yourself. Hooking in to the CSS and JS is doable though, but extensions generally tend to be backend only.

You could write an extension that picks up the data stored for the Dashboard, and outputs an XML datasource of that data, then build the frontend right hand column around that data. It's quite a long process...

Yeh I can see that a DS from the Dashboard would be needed to supply the front-end. I was thinking along the lines of the Entry Order extension but I guess it's a little too complex for myself to implement for the time being. Perhaps I should get stuck into PHP again...

@nickdunn - I've upgraded my Symphony installation to 2.2 and then added this extension, version 1.3.1.

When, I'm on the Dashboard page, I click on Create New and click on RSS Reader and nothing happens. Is this portion of the extension not available yet?

Also, when I click on the HTML Block, it says RSS Reader, but I think that is mislabeled... because it gives you the options Page URL and Cache which sounds like the HTML block.

Sounds like a JavaScript error to me. Anything in your browser console?

After turning on display errors in PHP, I get the following when I click on RSS Reader...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function _() in /Users/myaccount/Sites/public_html/site.local/public/extensions/dashboard/extension.driver.php on line 254

Typo! Line 254 change:

array('list-3', ($config['show'] == 'list-3'), '3 ' . _('items')),

to:

array('list-3', ($config['show'] == 'list-3'), '3 ' . __('items')),

Note the extra underscore on the __(...) function. That should do it.

@nickdunn - That was it! Thanks!

Also, just so you know there is a typo on line 273 (in the HTML Block section of the code)...

$fieldset->appendChild(new XMLElement('legend', __('RSS Reader')));

It should be...

$fieldset->appendChild(new XMLElement('legend', __('HTML Block')));

Dashboard updated to version 1.3.2 on 8th of May 2011

• Fixes the minor issues described above

I´m getting this error after instaling the extention and enable a couple of panels.

Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.

An error occurred in /home/duhpcne/public_html/layoutz/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php around line 263

and the last query is:

UPDATE sym_authors SET `last_seen` = '2011-05-19 09:41:37' WHERE `id` = '1'; [0.0003]

Is it me or possibly a bug?

What panels did you enable?

well i was trying to use the DS from the geo location service extension, and that was responsable for the error.

Now on the HTML block can i especify a page in the same symphony instalation?

Ah, must be an incompatibility with that extension then.

on the HTML block can i especify a page in the same symphony instalation

Should be able to, yup. You'll need to give it the full URL, as it doesn't support relative or dynamic ({$root}) paths. The HTML is grabbed using the same logic as a dynamic XML data source (a Gateway object), so if you can curl the URL, then it can be read into the dashboard. If you have Maintenance Mode enabled then it won't be able to get the page.

Be sure to make your page output only a chunk of HTML and not the surrounding <html> etc, as dashboard will pull in the entire page output!

when try to use a internal page i get this:

Moved Permanently
The document has moved here.

i´ve used the full url to the page.

Looks like the page you're trying to get is returning a 301.