Search

Thanks brendo!

Mediathek 2 updated to version 2.0 on 30th of November 2009

Ey, this is cool - automated update message. Woohoo!

Mediathek 2 updated to version 2.0.3 on 30th of November 2009

Thanks much Nils. We’ve found Mediathek to be very useful!

Thanks for your feedback :)

AY.. second that.. with image crop extension and mediathek combined I think we will have our image manipulation for front end might be complete :)

A lot wil be to differ I guess, but this is great work Nils!

Buzz, I second this suggestion… having mind issues figuring out how to upload a logo that has a connection to a company name.. that’s in a different section… EventEX was suggested but haven’t quite figured out how to post to a different section with it yet… hope this isn’t off topic?

The ability to dictate max upload size or actual upload size from mediathek would be awesome! or at least the unique upload field and have mediathek pull the options into it.

This is the biggest request of all extensions right now for me!

I moved Rowan’s post into a new discussion as it was off-topic from Mediathek. moonoo2, I think your points are referring more to the behaviour of file uploads and not specific Mediathek so not sure this is the right thread.

Trying to keep this one on-topic :-)

Yep thought so :)

Still tring to hold myself back from posting as I think.. my bad. Loving the new site though!!

The ability to dictate max upload size or actual upload size from mediathek would be awesome! or at least the unique upload field and have mediathek pull the options into it.

How exactly do you think this should work? Mediathek is nothing but a wrapper for a normal section with standard fields in it, integrated using an iframe.

The ability to dictate max upload size or actual upload size from mediathek would be awesome!

As Nils says, this is the job of an upload field type, and not Mediathek. Technically Mediathek supports any field types (not just file uploads for images).

or at least the unique upload field and have mediathek pull the options into it.

I guess that’s what I meant Nick… allow the Unique upload field to have the ability to scale to desired dimensions as you upload. And your upload and preview extension was sort of it. bar the preview bit.. Image Crop is going somewhere.. but scaling happens after upload.. which I guess is ok.. as we are able to alter the scale if necessary at a later date if we so wished.. hope I got this right? So then All I was thinking was having the ability to edit the scale using Image Crop from within a section that had mediathek present as well.. Not sure if I had more than one image assigned to my section entry using mediathek whether I could alter the scale of both images from within the entry or I’d have to visit my “images” section and alter the scale of each image independent of the section entry I was working on.. this way I would be restricted to the image being scaled to a fixed dimensions for all entries that referenced the image whereas if I was able to crop and resize a referenced image on an entry by entry basis.. that would make complete sense and be a lot more versatile. Will investigate away! :)

Right, this is how I understand it:

Requirement: you want to be able to use the Image Cropper field inside a Mediathek field so that to crop uploaded images you do not need to break the user flow to visit your “Images” section outside of the Mediathek frame.

Problem: while you can include the Image Cropper field in a Mediathek (below), the action of cropping the image is done after the entry is created, once the entry form reloads. The problem here is that Mediathek does not allow editing of entries, so you never get to see the cropper in-situ.

Mediathek and Image Cropper

Solution: the only solution I can think of is for the Mediathek to allow the editing of existing entries. So in addition to the + icon which launches a preview of an existing entry, would it also be possible to have another icon to load the “edit entry” form into the iframe? This would have benefits beyond the Image Cropper field, such as fixing typos in image captions, or replacing images entirely.

Nils, what’s your opinion on this?

Getting the Image Cropper’s generated crop URL to drag/drop from Mediathek is an entirely different problem which we might be able to address later. But one thing at a time.

Spot on Nick.. you see my problem exactly and your solution was what kind of what I was thinking too..

Nils, what’s your opinion on this?

There are two new planned features (see here):

• inline editing and
  • crop on drop

While the first one is a general feature the second is supposed to be a special hook for Jonas’ image cropping extension. So I think this is pretty much what you are talking about :)

Currently the Mediathek interface is built with JavaScript. I’m thinking about changing this again (in the first release everything was provided by the field’s php) as this would open new ways for third party extension integration (using delegates as gateway).

With reference to your link! (here)

A lot of the features where you ask, are people interested in this feature.. I say yes :) Changing Edit to Select is a good move too!

Wondering if I choose/highlight more than one image to use in an entry via mediathek.. how would we be able to resize or crop one of the images? Adding a new Edit tab and being able to expand the selected image with the plus sign and have the crop and resize ability in there.. would make sense to me, for images anyway.

Nick explained what I am after down to a tee! So I wont repeat anymore :)

Unfortunately, the extension issue trackers are still broken so I’ll have to post it here:

I can only drag and drop images into my textarea once I have selected them and closed the edit view. Is this by design?

No, that’s not by design. If you drag an unselected item to a textarea, it should automatically be added to your selected items.

What’s the problem with the bug tracker?

If you drag an unselected item to a textarea, it should automatically be added to your selected items.

It is not working for me. Firefox, Win7. It’s simply selecting the text in the box. After selecting a file and closing the edit view, it’s working.

The bug tracker doesn’t let me add issues. I am simply returned to the form.