Search

Search Index has moved to the symphonists’ account. I tried to follow all the steps in the 2.3-upgrade-tutorials but succumbed to my lack of php- and general programming skills … is anyone willing to port the 0.9.2 version to Symphony 2.3?

I have a roughly working version locally. I'm planning to push it online later this week / weekend.

Great :D

Thanks Jonas!

exciting. i'd like to use this with 2.3 as well. is there anything i can do to assist?

@klaftertief hoooray!

is there anything i can do to assist?

Thanks, at the moment not. But it'll need some proper testing then. Haven't used all features yet.

Just sent a pull request for basic Symphony 2.3 compatibility. Happy testing.

@klaftertief seems to work fine so far! huge thanks!

alt text

Great!
Just as a note: I don't have plans to develop the extension further, featurewise. But Im happy to fix bugs and compatibility issues, as time allows.

@klaftertief that’s more than good enough for me, thanks again!

@klaftertief Working fine for me too! Thank you!

Is search-index still being tested? If not, where can I download the extension for 2.3 from?

Thanks.

Bangin'!

To anyone who is somehow familiar with the search_index code, or even Nick :)

Sorry about bugging … I’m trying to dig into the data.search.php in order to get the following thing to work:

• A search results page that works with the code as is: check!
  • An entry detail page based on the former search, but this should limit the output to the previous/next search result-id based on the current id which is a param of the results page

I think I can manage the PHP part, which is mainly to check if the param is present. But my questions regarding the SQL part would be:

• Can I use the already queried results to get the prev/next ids as a subset (as it is done with $total_entries), or would I have to create a special fetch($sql)-mode
  • In case I do, how do I do it? Maybe pointing me in the right direction would help.

I am totally useless with SQL, but willing to learn :)

Sorry if I’m being unclear again. I’m working my way through this … maybe some can help me with a more specific problem:

Is there a way to get the position of a specific SQL query result by entry-id after the query ran?

If anyone is interested how to get a previous/next-entry in a search result working I’m happy to share. I’ve ended up limiting the number of search results and using the built-in ds-param plus a custom datasource based on Nils’ suggestion in another thread.

Extention don't work with other languages, e.g. Russian with CKeditor.