Search

is it possible to include both title and excerpt not just id and the excerpt ?

like:

<entry id="149" section="posts">
    <title>Title</title>
    <excerpt>text</excerpt>
</entry>

thank you

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with a problem passing the get parameters when using this extension with the datasource for multiple sections.

It's working perfectly if I use a URL such as "/search/?keywords=test&sections=section1,section2"

But, when I use a form with checkboxes to get "/search/?keywords=test&sections[]=section1&sections[]=section2", I'm getting this PHP error from the datasource:

explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given

Caused by line 94:

foreach(array_map('trim', explode(',', $param_sections)) as $handle)

However, as far as I can see, line 85 should make sure the array is turned into a string:

if(is_array($param_sections)) implode(',', $param_sections);

So, any ideas why it's still getting an array and giving an error? (The curse of a little knowledge - I can read the datasource and it looks like this shouldn't happen, but I can't fix it :) )

Any help appreciated.

Fish

@cotiunix: It's some time ago you asked but I'll send a solution now anyway. The datasource of search index only gives you an excerpt and an id, no title or anything. The trick is to create a new ds (e.g. named posts-search) that is filtered to the entries found by search index. Filter to the id and as filter criterion insert {$ds-search.id}. Add this ds to your search page. Now you can build xml that the title; for adding the except as well, your xml will look similar to this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="/data/posts-search/entry"/>

<xsl:template match="/data/posts-search/entry">
    <li>
        <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
            <xsl:copy-of select="/data/search/entry[@id = current()/@id]"/>
        </li>
</xsl:template>

I love this extension! Thanks for making it and thanks for the update that allows to run it with 2.3.3.

I am building a German website and pages have characters like ä, ö and ü. The extension's search datasource looses these characters and replaces them against ä and others. The show up like this already in the xml output (I checked with debug). With my own datasources I don't have this problem. Can anyone help how to get the right output?

@mprofitl, thank you for the answer; also you might find this useful for the issue you have

https://github.com/symphonists/search_index/issues/44

@cotiunix: Thank you very much for the link, it perfectly solved my problem!

Has anyone tried using Search Index with 2.4RC1?

You mean Search Index? It says:

WARNING: this extension is compatible with Symphony 2.2 only!

:-)

AFAIK, it has been deprecated long time ago in favour of using Elasticsearch.

I think it's pretty much up to date,
I think i used it on a 2.3.6 install and worked without any problems, but i am having trouble locating symphony's version number anywhere, where can i find it?

With Symphony 2.3.x, the version number is at the bottom left on the extensions page.

Still, the extension has been deprecated, so I think you might be on your own.

Thanks, found it, got a working search index extension (0.9.2) on a symphony 2.3.4 install.
Are you sure it's deprecated? Looks like it's been revived by the symphony comunity...

Looks like it's been revived by the symphony comunity…

’tis :)

And it’s listed as compatible up to 2.3.6 on the Symphony Extensions site. Still I’m a bit hesitant about 2.4.

I will be using this myself, and have already started updating it for 2.4

Keeps your eyes peeled, I will report back here.

peel

@John Any progress on this?

Ugh, it got pulled from the project.

I will try and find some time this week though.

No hurry, I’m just curious.

As long as there is no SSM-replacement for 2.4, I will be stuck with 2.3.x with most of my projects anyway :/

Hello designermonkey,

do you think you might find some time to make it compatible with 2.4? I am using the search index extension on a project soon to be finished, and after I updated to 2.4 I can still search but I cannot change any settings what to index. If you can't, I will take a headache tablet and try to get elastic search running (it looks quite tricky).

Thanks for letting me know Moritz

Hi all,

I see rumours above of depreciation; I hope not. Both Search Index and Elastic Search seem 'active' on Github (2 years ago)...?

I have this issue on a 2.3.4 Symphony installation at the moment:

Cant handle "&" when indexing (open issue on Github). To elaborate, only if an ampersand is pulled as an excerpt, an XSLT processing error occurs: loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 310. /var/www/.../symphony/lib/toolkit/class.xsltprocess.php:135. If Search Index has been abandoned, has anyone got any pointers as to how I might go about a dirty fix for this? I have basic PHP skills.

Thanks

do you think you might find some time to make it compatible with 2.4? I am using the search index extension on a project soon to be finished, and after I updated to 2.4 I can still search but I cannot change any settings what to index. If you can't, I will take a headache tablet and try to get elastic search running (it looks quite tricky).

You're fortunate, if attempting to install on a fresh 2.4 I just get Symphony Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Administration::saveConfig()

:(