Search

Hi Nick, it's time for a new release!

Which means: The official extension release stopped working with the official Symphony release. Although the latter is not called 2.1 (but 2.0.1).

:-)

Thanks michael-e. I've integrated your fixes and released 1.0 :-)

Thank you, Nick. It's a such a cool extension.

superb work nick!

this extensions allows you to drag the different table rows around, is that correct? i have the Order selected as the way to order the Publish table, but I only get the text cursor when I try and drag them. any clues?

wdtan, does the heading on the publish table also say something like "drag to re-order"? If not, then the JS isn't initialising properly.

What browser are you using?

@nickdunn, i don't see the "drag to re-order" text. i tried safari and FF2/3 on a mac. what do you suggest I do to fix this then? i downloaded the version linked from the first post.

Make sure the Order field has the "Show Column" checkbox ticked. When viewing the Publish table, click it to sort the entries. Make sure it's sorted ascending (so try clicking it a couple of times to change the order).

What Symphony version are you using?

nick, i made sure to do what you suggested, but nothing is happening...any other suggestions?

Hmm. Could you create a user account and allow me to log in myself? My email is nick [at] nick-dunn [dot] co [dot] uk if you want me to take a look.

nick, sent you an email. just let me know if got it or not

I did indeed. Got a deadline tomorrow so will only get a chance next week.

Hi, I've same problem as wtdtan, but i also checked at IE6&7 on my parrallels XP instalation. Doesn't work at all...

PS. I'm using Symphony 2.0.1

After little investigation i've found that you hardcoded table prefix "sym_" in all SQL queries. I've changed them and now it's working.

Aha! Excellent bug hunting, sir, thank you. I've patched this to v1.1 and attached to the original post.

@wtdtan: could this be causing the same problem for you? Do you use a table prefix other than the default "sym_"?

that sounds like it could very well be the culprit. nice, icek. I'll download the v1.1 and let you know what happens.

I am afraid it's broken in Symphony 2.0.2. I checked that POST data are sent correctly, so I think saving fails (in save.php).

Thanks Michael. Problem diagnosed — the constant definitions have moved. I'm going to change the extension to use a proper "content" page in the backend rather than an unsupported PHP standalone script that requires a ton of Symphony core files.

Should have an update this weekend.

I am looking forward to this! I love this extension.