Search

Guys this discussion certainly deserves its own thread, which might end up forming some sort of specification should we choose to build something.

This probably lead to the Subsection Manager idea.

Yes.

[...] it tries to solve every possible usecase.

No.

The problem is the user trying to solve every possible use case with it (nested subsections, thousands of subsection entries) – which naturally leads to wonky experiences. There is this gab: we don't have enough different concepts available so that developers can chose the solution that fits their purpose best. As a result Subsection Manager (but Selectbox Link Field as well) is often used in a "hacky way" that it was not designed for.

It would be best to have a core relationship management and a set of interfaces provided by extensions you could choose from.

It would be best to have a core relationship management and a set of interfaces provided by extensions you could choose from.

That sounds excellent. It would separate actual data relationships from the actual fields that are used to edit data, right?

Read more at the S3 wiki: Content Relationships.

Second *damn*

You are terribly slow today, Nils!

Awesome. :)

A media/document silo of sorts would be a useful addition to Symphony. For S2 it could perhaps work in a similar fashion to the Subsection Manager, but act as a global repository for media/documents rather than a field that's added per-section. I think this would be less confusing for Authors.

act as a global repository for media/documents rather than a field that's added per-section

See: Idea: New field - UberCool file field

Stop teasing me.

In the meantime on the Subsection Manager issue tracker ...
Maybe this leads to something new.

Hi everybody,

I have been looking for a "Save and return to list" button extension and a "Save and create new" button extension. I have not found any and I'd be happy to be wrong...

It should not be that difficult to do right.? I will start working on this tomorrow as it is a requirement I got.. feel free to help me, I'll post the git repros !

And thoughts on this ?

I have been looking for a "Save and return to list" button extension and a "Save and create new" button extension.

I remember it's been discussed in the last few weeks, but I can't remember if anything was produced.

I think the idea was being put forward by someone, ekoes i think, to be made into the core of 2.2.2

Something like holding shift and clicking would save and return to index. No idea what eventuated from that discussion though.

Discussion for that was moved to Github I personally feel an extension would be an elegant solution, as I'm not fond of keyboard modifiers.

This idea was discussed, an issue was created so that a keyboard shortcut could be built into Symphony and this discussion has since moved to the Github issue tracker where you should continue the discussion. We decided not to add more buttons, but a keyboard shortcut instead. If you want more buttons then you should consider writing this as an extension.

Hi all

Thanks for all your replies... I will start writing the extensions :)

I don't know why, but my callback for the EntryPostEdit is not firing.... anybody had this issue ? git repro

my callback for the EntryPostEdit is not firing

After having added the delegate, have you re-enabled/installed the extension? No need to uninstall it first, just re-enable it on the Extensions page.