Search

@Lewis, make sure to grab the latest code from GitHub. Works like a charm for me.

I ended up having to revert Symphony to 2.0.7 because of a few other extension issues. Oddly, I had to disable Published Filtering in 2.0.6 because it slowed page load drastically.

I’m going to make another attempt next week and see if I can sort through the issues.

Oddly, I had to disable Published Filtering in 2.0.6 because it slowed page load drastically.

How annoying. Did you by any chance have a Select Box Link with a high limit number (more than the default 20)?

How annoying. Did you by any chance have a Select Box Link with a high limit number (more than the default 20)?

Yes, I had to set my select box links to 2000 :-)

Mwaha! That’ll be the problem. Since Publish Filtering allows you to filter by a select box link, it needs to pre-load all of these values on each page load.

I had the same problem as Lewis’, which were solved updating those two files. Actually I don’t really know what I’ve done but it seems to work

Hope it might help

Publish Filtering updated to version 1.3 on 18th of March 2010

This is a minor update that fixes a 2.0.7 bug whereby the entry count in the page heading would always show “0 entries”. Code cleaned up a bit, too.

Thanks!

Publish Filtering updated to version 1.4 on 20th of March 2010

Big thanks to Nils for this update:

• German language support
  • cleaner CSS styling

I’m getting this error (Symphony 2.0.6)

Symphony.Language.add is not a function [Break on this error] ‘entries’: false,

Would that be fixed with this: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/39851/1/#position-20

That, or it could mean that version 1.4 isn’t compatible with Symphony 2.0.6…

Doh.. I will try that fix.

Any chance it could be made 2.0.6. compatible otherwise (or which Publish Filtering version would be)?

Symphony.Language.add has been added in Symphony 2.0.7 so version 1.4 of this extension is not compatible with Symphony 2.0.6. The only changes between version 1.3 and version 1.4 should be the styles and German translation. While JavaScript translations are not available in Symphony 2.0.6 you could just copy the styles.

Ok thanks Nils, I’ll try the 1.3 release then.

Perhaps an idea to remove the 2.0.6 compatibility for the 1.4 release ;)

Hey fellas, my first post on the forums…

I’m not sure where to report it but I came across a bug with this extension.

If a user selects a ‘Filter with’ option but doesn’t specify what they wish to filter by, then a fatal error pops up saying handle ‘none’ doesn’t exist.

I know it what you’re thinking, who would not specify the filter…well let’s just say this client is special.

Attachments:
Screen shot 2010-06-07 at 4.54.03 PM.png

Welcome touchstone :) I think this is a bug with the Select Box Link field. What field is selected as the “link” field in the other section? Sounds like the SBL is trying to to filter it but the field type has no handle column.

I know it what you’re thinking, who would not specify the filter…well let’s just say this client is special.

LMAO…

We all must assume that all clients are special, and never trust their input…

@designermonkey - definitely true rofl

@nick - The filter is targeting a reference link in this section, and the reference link is targeting a textbox. I also noticed it does 100% of the time if ‘contains’ is selected, and a unit is specified.

It is quite strange, never seen it before (but I am a rookie symphony developer). Any thoughts? Is it because it is a reference link? Although thinking logically that shouldn’t really matter…

So maybe that’s what the client was doing to get the error and I jumped the gun in calling them special :p

It’s either with Symphony or Reference Link I would think. Publish Filtering is relatively unobtrusive in this regard and is mostly JavaScript. I’ll set up a test. When you say Textbox is that a Symphony Text Input or Rowan’s Textbox extension?

Probably Reference Link. The author is a dunce.