Search

Nope. It only supports standard filtering and regexp filtering. If a field support "not" filtering then it could potentially be implemented by this extension... but remember that Publish Filtering is pure UI on top of Symphony's own filtering functionality. It's down to the fields themselves to implement "not" filtering.

You could perhaps use regexp ("Contains") to achieve this in the immediate term.

What specifically are you trying to achieve?

We have a section with members (just a plain backend section, no front-end Members extension involved) that should store information about paid membership fees: a list of year with those selected that the fee has been paid for. We were planning to use a simple select field for that.

Now we need to find a way to display those members in the backend that have not paid there fee yet.

Why don't you just search for the "due for payment" value of that select box?

How do you mean?

In the situation when you're using a select field with two values "paid" and "due for payment" you can replace the search expression does not equal "paid" by equals "due for payment".

Of course it gets trickier if you have more than just two values. :-)

So you have a multi-select box of years, and want to filter entries where a year is not selected. Publish Filtering uses the same filters as a data source, so the same restrictions/rules apply.

It looks like the select box field allows for:

• normal filtering by value
  • regexp: value (this is what Publish Filtering's "Contains" dropdown uses)
  • not-regexp: for negation

Since Publish Filtering doesn't attempt to parse out the filtering capabilities of each field individually (it just assumes normal filtering and regexp:), you have a few options:

• add a new "Not Contains" option to Publish Filtering which passes not-regexp: in the filter
  • use the "Contains" option and use negation in your regex, perhaps ^?(2011)$ which might find everything that doesn't match 2011 (untested)

Future versions of Publish Filtering I hope will reflect the individual filtering syntaxes of each field. But that is some way off, since each field will need to expose this data somehow, which is presently not the case.

Of course it gets trickier if you have more than just two values. :-)

Ha, yeah: I have to store these values per year.

@Nick: Thanks, I will have a look at that!

Could you perhaps use the Status field, which keeps a running log of changed values?

That field I didn't know yet. Thanks again!

Former versions of this extension used to have two features which seem to be missing in the latest version:

• a count of entries
  • "Disable publish filtering for this section" setting (in the section editor)

The second feature is probably superfluous (as the extension is using the Symphony drawer GUI now, so it is not "disturbing" the index view), but the entry count was rather useful.

Has this been omitted?

For some reason a section of mine won't show the filtering form. I get this error in the console:

main.js:31 TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'a[hb]')

Symphony 2.3.2

Ah, I may know what that is, will just check...

Any update after checking?

Sorry, yes.

main.js is a Google javascript file and not involved with Symphony. I have had issues with main.js in the past, and primarily that was in older versions of IE. It is possible that some of the javascript from this extension isn't terminated properly, but I'm more inclined to believe it's the file you reference that has the problem.

I see. The file seems related to Google maps, and this section has an Address Location field (your extension). Is it possible the extension is related?

It certainly is. Can you log it on the repo with as much info about the page as possible? Thanks.

I just pushed a new branch dynamic to the Publish Filtering repository which contains a cleaned-up and rewritten interface that loads results dynamically using AJAX. The interface is powered by Selectize offering live search for options.

It still needs some testing, so have a look:
https://github.com/symphonists/publishfiltering/pull/38

Nice! similar to Select2 right? Could Selectize be used for SBL as well you think?

Could Selectize be used for SBL as well you think?

Yes, that's what I tried in for initially.