Search

@nick definitely textbox. Rowan will scold me if I use anything else haha

@czheng LMAO

Thanks for your help guys!

I just noticed that when you filter the entries of a section and then create a new one entry, the title field is prepopluated with regexp:{filter expression}. Is this supposed to happen?

Hmm I think this is down to a Symphony bug (or feature) more than anything. The ?filter in the URL this extension adds a UI to was originally developed for Section Link (Select Box Link) so that you could click on one of those hyperlinked number columns and filter the table based on the ID of a related entry. When filtering, you could click Create New and the Select Box Link field will be pre-populated by the filter value.

However now we’re using this for more complex searching, the pre-population will be present for all other fields too.

There is an obvious fix (to me) and that is that the Publish Filtering extension can manipulate the “Create New” link to remove the filter. However this is kind of meddling with Symphony’s workflow and what makes sense to one user journey might break another.

What do you think?

Publish Filtering updated to version 1.4.1 on 30th of August 2010

Nick, can I request that there is a ‘none’ option for filtering on Select Box Links?

I’ve just tried to filter entries where ‘Parent’ (sbl) is ‘none’ as I have some entries that aren’t yet linked, and I can’t…

Ta!

I don’t know why, but for some reason the filter doesn’t get shown on some of my sections. in manifest/main I see the following error:

WARNING: 2 - DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1 in file […]/extensions/publishfiltering/content/content.filters.php on line 36

Sounds like an unencoded ampersand mucking up the XML parsing. Take a look at the script element this extension adds to backend pages and follow the link to the page itself, which is probably returning a 500 error. Most likely a field in this section has values that contain an ampersand which are not being HTML-encoded, which therefore breaks XML parsing.

What version of Publish Filtering are you using? What field types are in your section? If you have select box, select box list, tag list (etc) which provide values to choose from, it’s likely that one of these has dodgy characters.

Publish Filtering updated to version 1.4.2 on 5th of February 2011

Publish Filtering updated to version 1.5.0 on 7th of February 2011

I’m getting this error in Symphony 2.1.2 when enabled.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Symphony::Engine() in /###path here###/extensions/publishfiltering/extension.driver.php on line 43

@iPOTS, what version of Publish Filtering did you install? The newest version 1.5.x is for Symphony 2.2 only. You’ll need to install version 1.4.1 of the extension for it to work with Symphony 2.1.2.

Terrific. Thanks!

….but closer. Filtering shows up in some sections but not others.

I’m getting a parse error.

SyntaxError: Parse error – filters:1 ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: filters – filters.js:33

Symphony 2.1.2 & Publish Filtering 1.4.1

Anyone else used this in 2.2 yet? Didn't work. I logged an issue with a quick fix in github.

@touchstone - what version of the Publish Filtering extension are you using? Make sure you are using the latest, version 1.5.

[iPOTS] I’m getting a parse error.

This is probably down to some dodgy content or an unsupported extension. View the filters.js URL directly, you should see a PHP error. If it's a blank page, make sure visible PHP errors are enabled. Let me know what it says.

[touchstone] Anyone else used this in 2.2 yet? Didn't work. I logged an issue with a quick fix in github.

I have used it in 2.2 yes. Issue #5 you suggest commenting out this line, but unfortunately this will remove much of the extension's functionality! Finding the root cause would be more beneficial. What error message are you getting?

[touchstone] and was also conflicting with your order entries extension

In what way was it conflicting?

@bzerangue - yea it is v1.5 :)

@nick sorry I didn't really go about it the right way did I haha I just needed it to work at the time and that was what did the trick.

I have debugged it a bit more and found it to be conflicting with the textboxfield extension publish.js file. The error is input.val() is undefined (line 16)

I figure this is down to the script looking for the anything with the class field-textbox but really wanting only an input with that class. So I changed the textbox publish.js file to read jQuery('input.field-textbox') instead of jQuery('.field-textbox')

So where I said it was conflicting with the order entries, it was just that js error killing it. Ignore that.

Thank you.

I traced it to this line:

$dom->loadXML($html->generate());

I commented it out and now it works.

Is there a better fix for this?

Probably. As I said earlier:

you should see a PHP error. If it's a blank page, make sure visible PHP errors are enabled. Let me know what it says

Probably a field that's causing a conflict. The error should shed some light.

extensions/publishfiltering/assets/filters.js didn't display and PHP errors. In fact it shows up fine.

extension/publishfiltering/filters/?section=pages was the file with errors.