Search

Running into a pretty specific problem, was hoping some one here might have an idea how to get around this.

I'm using the CKeditor but I need to truncate my string out put, for which I was going to use the HTML Truncate Utility but it doesn't truncate properly. If I use the formatted output then the first <p> show up in text and things such as apostrophes show their entities. If I use the unformatted output, I get a similar result.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this, or have a way around it?

Thanks

Use this utility.

@vladG I gave it a try i'm getting the same result. Maybe i'm messing something up.

Here is my call

<xsl:call-template name="truncate">
    <xsl:with-param name="node" select="overview" />
    <xsl:with-param name="limit" select="'125'"/>
</xsl:call-template>

this is what my xml looks like.

<overview mode="unformatted"><![CDATA[<p>This custom two-story home features four bedrooms including a spacious Owner&#8217;s Suite with a Sitting Room. The Owner&#8217;s Bath features a vaulted ceiling, double bowl vanity, custom tile shower and whirlpool tub. The first floor features an open kitchen, Nook and Family Room. A Dining Room and Living Room are also located on the first floor. A Powder Room, Mudroom and two-car garage complete this magnificent two-story.</p>
]]></overview>

I'm having issues inserting images using the 'Browse Server' button, I think this is because I have symphony installed in a sub-dir? Once I select the image the url is /workspace/uploads/myImage.jpg, I've seen it mentioned earlier in this topic that subfolders cause issues but what is the issue? I'm running 1.3.1 with Symphony 2.2.5

why from extension.driver.php deleted method public function about(){ ... }

this call error Class extension_ckeditor contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Extension::about) in ...extensionsckeditorextension.driver.php

Latest version is Symphony 2.3 compatible. You need an older version (1.3.1) for 2.2.5.

I'm having something weird happen with the lastest version of CK editor (1.3.2) and Symphony 2.3. I just upgraded from the previous version of symphony where everything was working fine together...

I am using Publish Tabs and have 16 CK Editor enabled fields in the section. In each tab there is one full CK Editor and one compact CK editor in the side bar.

For some reason I only ever get the compact editor regardless of which one I choose when I create/edit the section.

Even stranger the ones that are meant to be the full editor do receive the class ck-full but still only get the compact tool bar (ie the if statement in the symphony.ckeditor.js is evaluating correctly but I'm still getting the wrong tool bar and width settings).

Additionally the ones that are meant to be the full tool bar have the same width as the whatever the compact editor in the side bar is. (see screen shot attached)

When I run console.log(ck_configurationData.width)it displays the correct width for the full CK Editor enabled fields but for some reason the plug in is giving them the width of the small one?

Any idea how to fix this so both the compact and the full version can work together like they used to in the old version of the plug in?

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 2.09.56 PM.png

@kanduvisla - Thank you so much for updating the CKEditor extension to [CKEditor version 4]!(http://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditor-4.0.1-Released) It is working wonderfully so far!!!

If you don't mind, please update the version number in the extension.meta.xml, so the Symphony Extensions page will be updated.

Thank you again for maintaining and making available this wonderful extension.

In the update, CKEditor does not show Subscript and Superscript toolbar options althrough configured to do so. I don't see any typos in the configuration file, hm. I don't know the cause of it.

Hi, I installed Symphony 2.3.2(latest) and CKEditor also latest.

When I want to install extension it has this error: Warning: GenericErrorHandler 2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 358 of file (root path)/extensions/ckeditor/extension.driver.php

Is there some help to install it or another update ????

I really want to use it - I likeit.

Thanks for reply

It appears I solved my problem. I installed ckeditor 1.3.3 and then I upgraded to ckeditor 1.4. Now it works.

There is also problem in configruation, where is in default toolbar configuration duplicated I think 6 times. So I removed toolbar configurations which were in duplicity and now it is OK.

Here's a question: Is there a way to enable spell check as you type, by default? I need it on editors that don't use the Full interface because I'm terrible for typos.

EDIT: nevermind, I really should have googled that first.

Actually.. It didn't work. I'll look again.

Has anyone experiences with adding a widget into the CKE Symphony implementation?

I added config.extraPlugins = 'lineutils,clipboard,Widget,test'; in .../extensions/ckeditor/lib/ckeditor/config.js, added all needed files in .../extensions/ckeditor/lib/ckeditor/plugins/, followed CKE docs on examples, updated presets in Symphony preferences (tried ['Image', 'Table', 'CreateDiv', 'Widget', 'test'],), cleared cache but no reaction :/.

Not sure about how to init a plugin in this extension environment.

@juro a little late but you can attach plugins throug the symphony preferences. See attachment.

Attachments:
ckeditor.jpg

Thanks @plenaforma, completely overlooked that one in preferences. Will give it a shot and let know. Thanks again.

CKEditor doesn't work correctly with IE11. Dialogs can't be close and headings are added to the first paragraph.

There is a know problem with CKEditor and IE 11 that jumps into quirksmode.

Is there an updated version of this extension or can I replace the CKEditor files in the extension folder with the latest files from the CKEditor website?

Is there an updated version of this extension or can I replace the CKEditor files in the extension folder with the latest files from the CKEditor website?

No, but there are few pull requests available.

Thanks Juro I will take a look at those.

I have written a plugin for custom-tags for CKeditor (Version 4.46). It lets you define new tags & attributes to your fields, which you can later match in your xsl-templates. I plan to integrate datasource-features later, e.g. dropdowns with live-entries etc.

https://github.com/hcmberlin/CKEditor-Custom-Tags

This was the first time I used github, so I hope I have done it right... ;)
This plugin was inspired by PubMe Extra Tags which is publicly available.
Some lines are included from that plugin as well.