Search

So how to filter the datasource by year using datetime? haven't figured it out yet... is this possible?

Just add the year as filter value in your DS.

This only works when i add the complete date eg: 2011-07-14, since that is the value in the field, so adding only 2011 does not work...

It should work: which version are you using?

version 2.01 Are you sure this should work? Don't you need to filter on a comlete field's value instead of an instance

eg: The field value is 2011-07-14, the filter is 2011

I think that's why the filter does not apply ?

If you filter by 2011 this will be converted internally to 2011-01-01 00:00 to 2011-12-31 23:59.

Please bear with me if I don't find the time to look at these days …

That's ok What file executes this conversion? so i can have a look...

@ Nils,

Did you had a change to look in the above issue considering filtering by year...
When i enter 2011-01-01 00:00 to 2011-12-31 23:59 in the filterfield for datetime it works
So if your conversion is not working i can consider this a bug? can i confirm this somewhere? ( i really need this functionality, it's kind of crucial for the project i'm working on)

So hope you can look into this soon :)

I just checked on my local install and everything works as expected for me: adding 2011 as data source filter will return all entries of that year.

Are you sure all your files are up-to-date?

Hi Nils,

I just downloaded the latest (2.0.1) Version (the zip package from github) and the latest stage extension. Still not working. I fixed it now using {$filter}-01-01 00:00 to {$filter}-12-31 23:59. So at least got the filter working . (So no rush fixing this)
I wonder if i'm the only one where it's not working...

Could you please try this download:
https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/datetime/zipball/experimental
(please check if you need to run the updater in the extension overview).

Still not working...
(It also does not get detected as an update in the extension overview)

What are the settings of your field?
(Maybe we can move this discussion to Github?)

I posted my settings on github...

Date and Time updated to version 2.1 on 26th of July 2011

• Added French translation. (Thanks, Nicolas!)
  • Added new extended filter mode. (Thanks, Nicolas!)

Just wanted to also add that the 2.1 release contains an enhancement to allow quicker entry via the keyboard. I had a project that required entering hundreds of entries (transcribing from another website) and having to stop and use the mouse to add ranges was driving me insane.

You can now simply 'tab' from the first input which will assume you are entering a range. If you aren't entering a range, another 'tab' will close the end date and allow you to continue as normal.

And I thought this morning, that I forgot about something. Thanks for pointing out that addition (and thanks for implementing it!).

Date and Time updated to version 2.1.1 on 27th of July 2011

• Safari compatibility for keyboard interactions.

Hey Nils,

Whats the best way to integrate the stage extension into datetime via git? not sure what approach to take when I get the notification that stage is not configured when I enable the extension on local WAMP testing envirnoment.

This should do the trick (I think):

git submodule update --init