Search

No worries, I’ve tested it in IE8 and works fine. IE7 works (although most of Symphony doesn’t ie. unrelated)

I’ll remove comments later today and re-push.

hey craig, is it possible to extend this extension to enable it on individual data sources? that’d be great to have for developers so that we can keep track of what a particular data source does (i don’t have the best memory!)

is it possible to extend this extension to enable it on individual data sources?

Will have to think about that. Certainly possible, but feels a little outside the scope of the extension, to be honest. The problem you’re pointing to is a general UI problem, which hopefully will be addressed for 2.1. Rowan used to have a Datasources Index extension, which I enhanced to display a list of all Pages that use each DS. That helped a little, but I think the extension itself may be deprecated now.

For the time being, I’d say just try to use very descriptive DS names…

For the time being, I’d say just try to use very descriptive DS names…

On that issue, perhaps it would be worth including the ability to give datasources a free text field for adding a description.

On that issue, perhaps it would be worth including the ability to give datasources a free text field for adding a description.

Yeah, I thought about that, but the earliest we’d be able to implement that would be 2.1, by which time we’ll have improved this part of the UI anyway.

Documenter updated to version 0.9.3 beta on 16th of January 2010

Merged in brendo’s and eKoeS’s changes.

Documenter updated to version 0.9.4 beta on 16th of January 2010

• Set default formatter to ‘none’
  • Fixed field save errors.

I have two problems with this plugin; first the text in the docs box does not warp (see image 1). I tried to edit the documenter.css but I did not succeed. I find it strange no one else has this problem.

Second when I try to EDIT a documention entry and save it I get a system error (see image 2). This unfortunately forced me to not use the plugin. Would be very helpful.

I am using Symphony 2.07 btw. Any ideas?

Attachments:
screen-capture-1.png and screen-capture.png

I’ll look into these issues today, jedw, thanks.

This unfortunately forced me to not use the plugin.

Please don’t use it in a production capacity anyway—it’s still beta and needs to be tested much more thoroughly.

first the text in the docs box does not wrap … I find it strange no one else has this problem.

No one else had that problem because it was just introduced. A recent set of contributions I pulled changed the way the HTML is positioned and styled. Might have to do with that.

Second when I try to EDIT a documention entry and save it I get a system error

Again… just introduced. I accidentally deleted a line of code that I was trying to replace. I’ll push my latest changes when I’ve fixed the display error.

first the text in the docs box does not warp

A recent set of contributions I pulled changed the way the HTML is positioned and styled. Might have to do with that.

Yes, it’s because the docs box (#docs) is now contained inside the navigation bar (ul#nav), so every CSS property applied to the latter will have effects on the former as well. Fixed by overwriting the white-space property of #docs:

white-space: normal;

Sorry for causing troubles!

Documenter updated to version 0.9.5 beta on 17th of January 2010

Fixed bugs introduced in 0.9.3 and 0.9.4. Thanks again eKoeS!

Woohoo, thanks for pulling the changes czheng.

I’ll start to add Documentation to my extensions in the future :)

Woohoo, thanks for pulling the changes czheng.

Thank you!

czheng, I just noticed that for some reason the publish filtering extension is appearing in my documenter area.. Is there a way of not having this there or is this a query to nickdunn?

Lol. I don’t know. I’ll talk to Nick about it tomorrow and see if we can get it figured out. Thanks.

Anyone tried documenter on a 2.0.4 install? before I go ahead and blow up my install :) only joking.. just a heads up would be good?

Yeah I just tried it on 2.0.4. Seems to work fine. Please remember that this is beta though… still working on various bugs.

got it! will be especially carefull. doing a local backup and playing first! so all is good! :)

Documenter updated to version 0.9.6 beta on 31st of January 2010

Updates

• Page height now adjusts if the documentation area is too tall.
  • Fixed a validation issue when no formatter was selected
  • Remove duplicate checking since brendo added ability for docs to come from more than one source