Search

hi @czheng. I find this extensions really helpful, so thank you.

I find a bug (maybe). When using this extension with publish tabs extension (by Nickdunn) I have a problem. The tabs are shown also in the Help div when clicked. I really don't know if the problem concerns your extensions or nickdunn's one.

See the screenshot below.

UPDATE: there is another problem. When documenter is active, the tabs are no more clickable.

Attachments:
Documenter-tabs.png

Will look into it, thanks.

Suggestion: On the Documentation list page, could the page column contain something else than page URLs? Like "Edit Clients" and "Create New Client"...

@Cheng

I think you can drop this VARCHAR length issue. The enormous duped section counts, which triggered this limit I myself consider a bad design practice (enforced by client's inability, but that's a different story.)

k.

Will do so in next version.

Johanna and I were in need of a few changes for a project including a slightly updated Documenter publish interface (different button styles, additional CSS rules, better height handling, different animation):

Documenter

Our version makes use of localStorage so the Documenter memorizes if it has been opened or not when you are switching pages in the backend. If anyone is interested in these changes, they can be found in Johanna's fork on Github.

Attachments:
sym_documenter.png

Hello czheng,

similarly to what has happened to pngised, I’ve found that the documenter extension – a nice and very useful one, indeed – has a problem when it is combined with the Publish Filtering extension by Nickdunn, please have a look at the following screenshot:

documenter U publish filtering

I’ve found this problem using the last modified version by Nils. Just to let you know about this issue in case of future releases.

This is a Publish Filtering bug, my JavaScript assumes that there will only be a single h2 on the page. I'll release a fix shortly.

Oh, I see, thanks nickdunn!

I don't want to come across as sounding lazy, but has there been any development regarding default documentation to accompany this great extension?

Yes, actually. I moved it from my old todo list to my new one :P

Craig, may I ask about your future plans for this extension? Have you ever thought of a file based approach that would allow text editing in your favourite editor and also would ease content migration between different installs?

Yeah that's a great idea. And now that I've built the Text Upload field I have some idea of how to do it :)

Hi all...

I've set out to overhaul this extension to finally implement many of the excellent suggestions and ideas that have emerged in this thread: file-based docs, tutorial mode, and so on.

So if you've got any more ideas, speak now!

For those interested – and to bridge the gab until the next major release Craig is working on – Johanna and I updated our fork of this extension introducing collapsible content blocks (h3 is used as content divider):

Documenter

https://github.com/johannahoerrmann/documenter/

Looks very nice :)

I wonder why the Need Help? Button is not translated to german? Strangely it does not change to german, even if I change the Text brutally in the extension.driver.php file. Can’t find the text anywhere else in the extension. Is it cached somewhere?

(P. S. I love this extension! :)

It's stored in your config. So if your system wasn't localised when you enabled the extension it will always be English until you change the string manually in the preferences.

Thanks Nils! Didn’t expect it there …

Lovely enhancement Nils :-)

Thanks both