Search

@iwyg It was idd the pitfall. Enabling php_fileinfo.dll was the solution.

2 Other issues (perhaps also a windows problem):

When trying to upload in the rootdirectory (/workspace/images/) the files are uploaded in the root of workspace (/workspace).

Uploading in a sub directory (/workspace/images/products/) works as expected.

Setting limit file selection to another number than 0 results in the error: Cant select more than 1 files

Can you file a bug report on github? Thanks!

Sorry for closing workspace issue so early. Did the fix work for you?

Just check it and works both like charm. Thank you for the quick fixes.

On live server I get problems again.

finfo_open isnt installed on live server so I include application/octet-stream

When opening an entry I got a js error 0 1 in main.js:1 for entries where aren't yet no files selected. For entries with already a file selected from development server I got multiple errors in main.js: 0 1, 1 1, 0 1

Upload results in mime-type not allowed

On live server I get problems again.

I ask the provider to enable the fileinfo support. It seems the mime-type is checked but now I got an error Cannot resolve directory structure for ...

Saving an entry results in an error: Symphony Warning: finfo_open() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given

I hope someone got an idea because today is my deadline for this project.

The result for ../symphony/extension/filemanager/listing/?field_id=118

{"show_column":"no","id":"118","label":"Billboard img","element_name":"billboard-img","type":"filemanager","parent_section":"9","required":"no","sortorder":"11","location":"sidebar","field_id":"118","destination":"/workspace/images","exclude_dirs":null,"ignore_files":"^\..*","limit_files":"1","allow_file_delete":true,"allow_file_search":true,"allow_sort_selected":true,"select_uploaded_files":"0","unique_file_name":"0","allow_file_move":true,"allow_dir_delete":true,"allow_dir_move":true,"allow_dir_create":true,"allow_dir_upload_files":true,"allowed_types":"(application\/pdf|image\/jpeg|image\/png|text\/.*)","display_mode":"preview","max_upload_size":5242880,"exclude":["/workspace/data-sources","/workspace/events","/workspace/pages","/workspace/translations"],"STATUS_ERROR":{"message":"Cannot resolve directory structure for {$root}","context":{"root":"workspace/images"}}}

finfo_open() takes a constant as first argument which is an integer. In case of filemanager it's the FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE constant. This error is raised because the constant is probably not defined on your system, thus interpreted as string.

EDIT:

according to the official manual FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is available since 5.3.x. I'll add a quick fix that provides the correct fallback mimetype sniffing.

EDIT 2:

fixed

With the PECL finfo extension installed I thought it gives the FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE for pre PHP 5.3

I've order an upgrade for PHP 5.3 and guess it will all work right than.

Last fix should work with 5.2

When uploading in a subdirectory gives an cannot acces error.

Which is true because at the end of the path is added an extra /images

For example (pages is a subdir): /workspace/images//images/pages/

is this a javascript related error?

Only a POST 400 (bad request) message.

Upload gives the progression at the end it gives the error at top of the page.

Also a subdirectory in the root folder is created in 'false'. Those directories are created in workspace instead of workspace/images

fixed it

Thanks iwyg, upload in a sub directory works now.

Creating a sub directory in the root folder is still created in workspace instead of the root directory. I guess it has something to do with line 154-166 in class.directorytools.php

ehm, no? Sorry, I can't reproduce this behaviour. Seems to work as expected.

On another install it works indeed as expected.

The label for the root folder was missing thus logical /false . Fixed by replacing the complete Filemanager directory with a fresh one.

By accident I've found another 'bug' if filemanager is installed together with the jQuery Date Picker. Filemanager gives an Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

yea, jQuery Date Picker messes up the javascript loading order. Setting filemanager.init.js to a higher value than 113 will work.

Hi @iwyg

Love this extension and have used it on a few sites already - however I'm having some performance related issues on a particular site.

The issue is that we're needing to deal with thousands of images. At the moment around 3500 - but it will only get bigger.

So far your extension is the ONLY way I've found to handle them - subsection manager and select link field plus (using a slightly different file management method, of course) both cave under the pressure.

With Filemanager the system just about works, but it does involve a good few minutes of waiting patiently and having to ignore a couple of non-responsive warnings - not ideal for workflow as I'm sure you can imagine.

My questions is: Can this be improved in any way? I've attempted to group the images into subfolders, as I hoped this would 'spread' the wait (and weight!) a little, but it seems that the extension indexes everything from the root anyway - so no luck. Are there any settings that can be tweaked, or options used to help in this case?

I've come to the conclusion that for a project like this Symphony simply isn't ideal, there are no extensions/facilities available that can reliable handle that much data (at least in a 'standard' server environment anyway) that I can find - but unfortunately this is a fix on an old site so we have to be able to deliver something serviceable.

Any advice would be appreciated - as I'm sure others must have come across similar issues in the past.

I must admit that I don't know the Filemanager extension. But I deal with larger datasets than yours every day, and I don't experience any problems related to the Symphony core.

Generally you may run into problems if you try to display large datasets as a whole either in the backend (like Subsection Manager attempts to) or in the frontend. Apart from performance issues, displaying thousands of entries on a single page may also be rather useless from a user perspective. If you have large datasets, you should use pagination (which is standard, of course, in the backend if you use the SBL field) and/or search/filters.

Could you try and describe what you mean by "handling" those some thousand images? What are you trying to achieve? What's your workflow?