Search

The cheapest return flights are just a little under $2000, don’t think I can afford that unfortunately :/

@phogue: Well, you have been confirmed – by the strange guy w/ boots. :-)

Sorry if I got you wrong… I am a little bit over-worked.

@phogue: Well, you have been confirmed – by the strange guy w/ boots. :-)

Sorry if I got you wrong… I am a little bit over-worked.

No no, you were right. :-)

@buzzomatic: $2000, wow, that’s a lot. Maybe that’s the reason why Allen has not yet confirmed.

@Allen & Co.: We still hope.

1 Welshman! if you’ll have me! Will be at @media 2010 so I’ll stay over weekend for the meetup!

yessss!

Uh! Oh! Wow! But in those days I will be in the middle of moving house and close to the birth of my daughter … I think I cannot be present.

Johanna and I will book our flights this week. We’ll be arriving in London early morning on June 11th and will depart sunday evening.

A question to the Londoners: We’ve got an offer for a hotel on City Road (Travelodge). Any input on this quarter? Hidden gem or rather dodgy?

Any input on this quarter? Hidden gem or rather dodgy?

Hidden gem! Airlock used to be a five minute walk around the corner on Curtain Road (although we’ve moved to London Bridge now). Find a furniture shop called SCP on Curtain Road; we were the 4th floor above it :-) The “Shoreditch Triangle” between Great Eastern St, Old St and Shoreditch High St is one of the concentrated areas of creative agencies and studios in London, plenty of warehouse conversions and cool things to spot. I recommend a little arts book shop on Rivington Street full of books on typography, architecture and design. Lots of good pubs and bars around, as well as further west in Farringdon (Clerkenwell Road/St John St.). You’re also a ten minute walk from the City (the central business district) with the Ghurkin in full view, and more of a walk to St Paul’s Cathedal, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.

You’re firmly in the East End, so be sure to check out all of the markets (Borough, Smithfields, Spitalfields etc.), go for a curry on Brick Lane, and marvel at the grand 1960s concrete architecture of the Barbican centre.

I much prefer the East End to the West End’s theatreland and tacky Soko facades.

That sounds great - thanks!

Hi all,

Just a quick update: We’re currently in conversation with @media’s organizers and will report back as soon as we have some definitive plans for the meetup.

Thanks for the info about the sights to see, Nick.

Nils and Johanna, I’ve just booked a room in the same hotel. It’ll be interesting to chat with you about design, typography, and perhaps some art history – specifically, the Bauhaus. Unfortunately, I won’t be extending my stay for the full weekend.

Craig, great to hear you’re cooking up something with @media. I’m looking forward to hearing about what ideas you have in the works for the meetup.

Stephen, that’s great! Looking forward to the meeting :)

Any news about the core team coming? Allen, Craig, Alistair?

Unfortunately, I won’t be extending my stay for the full weekend.

You’re not sticking around for the bumper Symphony weekend-o-matic?

This is a total guess, but:

• Allen: quite likely
  • Craig: somewhat likely
  • Alistair: not likely

You’re not sticking around for the bumper Symphony weekend-o-matic?

I’ll be there for the Saturday, but my flight was already booked when the announcement came that there would be more activities over the weekend. I looked into extending my stay, but the next flight out of London on the same airline would be a couple days later, so I’d be looking at the extra cost of a change fee, a more expensive return flight and another two days accommodation. It’s hard to justify unless I know exactly what the plan is for the weekend. So for now, I’m hoping I can cram everything in on Friday night and Saturday.

But now that there is news of arranging something with @media, I’m more hopeful about the rest of the week involving more Symphony/XSLT content.

I’m very likely to attend for both days!

I’ll be in London from Thursday, June 10 (afternoon) to Monday, June 14 (noon).

I am really looking forward to this meetup!

I noticed this tweet:

craig zheng (czheng):
Working on plans for the #symphonycms June meetup in London.

Are there any news about who is coming and about the agenda of the weekend?

Whilst we are still getting this organised, every effort will be made to ensure both Craig and I to attend. We’re now looking at venue, catering for the Symphony meet-up and also presentation and workshop material.