Search

Allen, thanks for the update. May I ask in which direction something like “presentation and workshop material” is heading?

I’ve booked my flights: in on 11th and back home on 14th of June. Also, I am looking for a hostel to stay in… any hints?

Craig and I are also looking for a place to stay, so if we are all in the same boat, we should probably try and get a place all near by, if not at the same accommodation.

Stephen, Johanna and I (and I think Michael as well) will stay at this hotel: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=340.

Wow, the German contingent is strong in this meet-up. Perhaps it’s time Craig and I should start learning German.

Well, Stephen Bau is Canadian ;)

Stephen, Johanna and I (and I think Michael as well) will stay at this hotel: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/searchandbook/hoteloverview.php?hotelid=340.

Unfortunately at the moment, “a proper hotel” seems too costly for my budget.

Wow, the German contingent is strong in this meet-up. Perhaps it’s time Craig and I should start learning German.

That’s what I was thinking.

Stephen, Johanna and I (and I think Michael as well) will stay at this hotel

Yes, I am in.

Just booked a room in ze german hotel for a colleague of mine and myself, too. They seem to have only double rooms left. Looking forward to the meetup.

This is so cool. I am really looking forward to ze London meetup.

Glad to see another +1 :)

For our meetup on Saturday, the Symphony team will showcase something new and Airlock will likely showcase a major client project running on Symphony (as long as NDA isn’t an issue).

We’re also thinking of asking every attendee to do a quick presentation of something Symphony related during our community showcase segment. Is this something you guys are comfortable with? If so, feel free to start throwing ideas around.

• Recreating the Symphony admin by building front end forms automatically with Section Schemas and Form Controls.
  • A Symphony intranet ensemble (if I get it finished by then)
  • How to build ensembles using a Git-centred workflow

Section Schemas and Form Controls

Woo! Yes please. This was on my list, but having practical examples would be fantastic, so please do.

I’ll probably pick one of these (or two or three, if there is time enough to prepare and deliver):

• implementing site search (a forthcoming extension, scheduled for a June 12th release!)
  • recreating a for loop in XSLT as a re-usable iterator template (a forthcoming XSLT utility)
  • caching options

There are two things Johanna and I could present:

• A magazine style ensemble, codename pompodium (if we get this finished by June).
  • The Subsection Manager (which will not be finished by then I suppose).

I’m not sure if you really want to hear us Germans speak though: we have strange accents … But Johanna’s mother is American so maybe I’ll let her do the talking [I will be beaten for this proposition ;) ]

I could do a presentation on APIs/”content gateways”:

• one of my clients uses an intranet system side by side with Symphony, and both are “talking to one another”; I have built custom extensions to achieve this
  • another one delivers content to other websites using dynamically generated JavaScript “modules” (i.e. Symphony pages) — integration into other websites is done with just a few lines of code; it’s a good example to demonstrate the power of Symphony (and XSLT)

I will probably have more ideas than this…

And not to forget: The Email Newsletters extension! :-)

It will definitely be released in time for the meetup. At the moment I am working on implementing version 0.9 for some clients. Looks rather good!

Nice! Hopefully the Forum ensemble and Members extension will be ready, too.

I’ve put the dates in my diary. I live just an hour from London, so if I like Symphony as much in 2 months as I do now, I’ll most likely be there for at least one day.