Search

OK, now I am sure that I could talk about these topics (if folks are interested):

• custom APIs as Symphony extensions
  • JavaScript “content modules/widgets” generated via XSLT
  • Email Newsletters extension (1.0 will be released at the meetup)
  • building a simple double-opt-in/one-click-opt-out mechanism in Symphony

(The latter, of course, is connected to my production use of the Email Newsletters extension. It might be of little interest if the Members extension is ready. On the other hand it’s a lean alternative if you don’t need the full-blown member functionality.)

If anybody is interested in listening to my “German English” explanations, it would be good to know this in time to prepare s.th….

All the topics look very interesting. Must we only pick one?

Will there be some kind of official list of participants? It would be nice to see who will be there beside the “international travelers”.

All the topics look very interesting. Must we only pick one?

Nope. I can talk about all of them. But there will be many more interesting topics by all the other attendees, so we might have a tight schedule in the end. Simply consider my list an offer and pick anything (from zero to all).

I’m not going to make it to London in June since I’ll be walking around somewhere in South America catching fireflies and lamas. Too bad I’ll miss you guys, the workshops and presentations. It would be great if the presentations would be recorded and put online.

Hm, I still don’t know anything of interest that I could be talking about…

@carsten:

It would be great if the presentations would be recorded and put online.

Yes, sure, we should try and publish any useful information. But no, I wouldn’t agree with a video of my presentations (if any) being published on the web, remaining there for the next 370 years. (Unfortunately the web does not forget.)

Hello,

I would like to come along. So a hoping to attend from me. You can add a Scotsman to the list/

Thanks, Ross

I’m not sure I have much to offer in terms of a talk or presentation, but I’m still very much interested in coming along to meet everyone and talk shop.

Looking forward to it.

I would like to attend, I’m only an hour from ‘That London’ so one day for me is possible.

I must admit, I will be very intimidated, you’re all so much better at this than me! I’ve only been a dev for just over a year, more front end layout in my forte…

I will look forward to listening though!

@designermonkey - if only “true developers” are to attend, I better check if I can return my flight ticket :)

Not to worry Symphonians, this meet-up isn’t just for the hardcore developers. We will make sure we cover a range of topics in Symphony and look at a workshop to help get people up to speed on Symphony.

Is there a rough list of topics already?

Plans are coming together and we hope to have more details for you in the next day or so…

OK, thanx.

I will be very likely to attend, hoping to be available both days, but definitely will be at Saturday.

I booked a double room in the travelodge hotel (where some others are going to stay as well) from from June 9th till 14th. My associate can’t come so I have a spare bed to offer. Just drop me a line at jonas (at) klaftertief (dot) de if you are interested.

Edit: Gone.

Allen and I booked our flights yesterday. We’ll be in town from Tuesday the 8th to Tuesday the 15th. More soon…

I put together an official event page with more info. Some of the info is tentative. If you’re interested in attending the meetup, please go to the page and register.

Nice work Craig!