Search

I'm the second unhappiest person, Giel )))) In Firefox 4 Subsection Manager works just fine, but in IE8 - stucks with jquery error (permission denied on line 24, symbol 32). Also the Subsection Manager doesn't throw an error when one tries to upload the file with duplicate name :-( Guys, how can i swap field types in the section? (unique upload field instead of ordinary field). Kinda recreate each entry, replacing the correspondent field types?

I also had this error in jQuery. Although, it probably isn't an error in jQuery, but rather some parameters that get parsed by jQuery that are incorrect.

Also the Subsection Manager doesn't throw an error when one tries to upload the file with duplicate name

Could you make this a bit clearer:

Is SSM hiding errors that it shouldn't or is your upload field failing here?

SSM stucks with js error in my IE :-) Though in Firefox it properly shows red frame with error text concerning duplicate name.

Is the subsection manager able to filter with the members extension fields at this time? If not, is that something that might be considered?

For example, I'd like to show only those members in a subsection that are of the member role of "client". Is that possible?

Forgive me if this has been discussed; however, in my searches of the forum for this question, I have not found anything about this.

I don't know actually. Never really used Members ...

I don't believe the request is Members specific, it's probably a more general 'how to' filter SSM values on the Entry publish area.

For example, I may have a SSM that links to an Images section that contains Name, Upload and Select Box fields. The SSM sits inside a News section and I might like to filter the Images section so that only Images entries that have Select Box = 'News' are shown when creating/editing a News entry.

Are you talking about a dynamic filtering in the backend? It is possible to filter the displayed subsection item by tag list or select box field values in the field settings, if that's what you're after.

If we are talking about data source filtering: there is a great open space for improvements here. This is where my knowledge about databases and performance ends. If someone is willing to contribute here, I would be happy to integrate the changes.

Nils (this might be related but I'm not sure), I recently ran into an issue that I can only describe as "SSM Inception™" :)

I have a Section 'Projects' that has a SSM field linking to a section 'Countries'. This Countries section has a SSM (Tabs) field 'content' which contains translatable fields such as 'name', 'description' etc.

So I have an entry "Project Foo" that links (SSM) to Country "NL". When I query (DS) the project I would like to fetch the translated 'name' field of the country.

So, on a Project-Detail page I need: to fetch > Country:Content:Name in a DS

Fetching the e.g. country:iso-code works fine, but I can't get access to the country:content:name (the name is a field in the Country's SSM Tabs 'content' subsection).

Any ideas? I hope the problem is clear, it's a bit confusing :)

Are you telling me that you are using Subsection Tabs inside a Subsection Manager field?! *gasp!*

Are you talking about a dynamic filtering in the backend? It is possible to filter the displayed subsection item by tag list or select box field values in the field settings, if that's what you're after.

Really? How! That'd be amazing for a personal project I have!

As soon as you select a subsection that contains a tag or select box field, an other input field will show up allow you to filter by these field's values (use - for negation).

Hmm, awesome, I might see if I can extend that for SBL fields. Thanks Nils, hidden win!

@Nils I do not use SSMTabs in a SSM field. From a Projects Section I link to a Countries Section (project.country = standard SSM field). This Country Section contains a SSTabs field 'content' (which contains 'name').

In a Project I can select/set a Country (SSM shows 'country:iso-code') but when a DS queries projects I would like to fetch/include the country:content:name besides only the country:iso-code. This last 'level' (3d) seems to be the problem.

The moment I include country:content:* (any field in the Country 'content' subsection) the DS results in a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getSource() on a non-object in /[snip].nl/extensions/subsectionmanager/extension.driver.php on line 217

I realize this may be an edge case and I do not want to take up too much of your time. SSM, to me, is the most valuable Symphony extension ever. I am simply not a hard-core PHP developer so I'm afraid I'm not in a position to contribute in that way yet. What I can do is test use-cases and report bugs :/

I was thinking of other ways I could tackle this but I don't know.

Attachments:
Symphony – Sections – Projects.jpg and sub-sub-section.jpg

@Nils I do not use SSMTabs in a SSM field. From a Projects Section I link to a Countries Section (project.country = standard SSM field). This Country Section contains a SSTabs field 'content' (which contains 'name').

Project contains Countries contains Content. Isn't that a subsection tab in a subsection? I'm confused.

yes you're right. I did not think a 'subsection tab' (Content) or subsection (Countries) is any different from any other linked Section.

But you are right: Projects contain Countries, which in turn contain Content. In a Project I would like access to the Country's Content field… In this case would like access to the 'name' field in the Content sub-section of a Country entry linked through a SSM.

SSM Inception™ all the way, but not unthinkable, right?

The problem seems to be the fact that SSM does not seem to fetch data beyond 1 level of linked entries.

I could maybe solve this with an extra DS and DS chaining: on my Project Detailpage I add an extra DS with a $ds-country that fetches the corresponding name value from the Content entry. But this requires a whole new DS just to fetch a measly 'name' field-value of a Country I already have access to… Darn Multilanguage :/

The problem seems to be the fact that SSM does not seem to fetch data beyond 1 level of linked entries.

So you're using SSM 2.0dev. There should be a field settings that allows you to adjust the number of allowed levels.

Recursion levels

Setting it to Output 2 levels down should solve your issue.

By the way, did I tell you that you are officially crazy :D

And, dear children, don't try this at home: nested Subsection Tabs may harm your cat or dog!

@Nils yup: using 2.0dev. I can't find the 'field settings' though…

So, now I am officially crazy… Hmm: does that mean I can get away with acting funny and saying inappropriate things? :)

I understand this all is unstable, experimental etc. but "what could possibly go wrong?"

PS: I love SSM and SSM-Tabs. It would be awesome if it would become part of the core in some way: Symphony would benefit from having a user-friendly inline-editing/linking field IMHO…