Search

I can't find the 'field settings' though…

You need to look at your SSM field's (not the tab's) settings.

So, now I am officially crazy… Hmm: does that mean I can get away with acting funny and saying inappropriate things? :)

I'm not sure about this ;)

Is there some easy way to make CKEditor display nicely inside SSM edition window? I get this thing: alt text

Firstly fantastic extension - it is truly invaluable for almost all projects I use Symphony for.

I have however run into a small problem, and I'm not sure if it's to do with my set-up or a bug in the code. I have the sub-section manager up and linked to a sub-section of images for a slideshow.

The only two inputs I have are a text input "image title" and an upload field for the image. I only really need the upload field for the site code, but the title works nicely to identify images for the CMS user. For the most part it has worked fine, however my client has been populating the site with content and on several occasions has run into the same problem where he'll add and select multiple images for the slideshow but one of them won't show up in the front end.

I've checked the ?debug page and nothing is coming through for the most recently added image. When I go into the publish page the image is selected in the subsection manager. If I save again it still doesn't show. However if I deselect the image and reselect it then save again it finally does show on the front-end.

My client is on IE7 and I'm on Safari - I'm not sure if this could have anything to do with it, because every time I've published to the extension it seems to work fine.

Just wondering if this is due to how I've set up the extension, or if it's an issue anyone else has run into.

Just wondering if this is due to how I've set up the extension, or if it's an issue anyone else has run into.

I've run in to similar issues. I haven't had the time to work out exactly why this sort of thing happens and under what circumstance, but I don't think you are alone.

Hopefully I'll have time over the next couple of days to do some more testing and provide a more useful bug report.

I recall there used to be a bug where if you added a new item to a SSM but didn't sort it, the item wouldn't appear on the frontend. To resolve you had to 'move' the item up one in the order, and move it back down to your desired location so it would get a 'sortorder'.

I thought this was fixed though, although I'm not certain. I have a feeling the fix (if one exists) might of been done in the Javascript too, so IE7 may be playing a part in this as well.

Which version of SSM are you using?

Items are now sorted "by design" (because order of html-form-fields/items is used as order of items in database), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Was that item last, first or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks for the responses

Which version of SSM are you using?

According to the README.markdown file I'm running...

• Version: 1.1.1
  • Date: 22nd February 2011

I'll try grabbing the latest as it looks like there have been a few updates since then. If that doesn't sort it and it uses JavaScript for the fix then that would be my first suspicion as the source of the problem. I'll post back if I make any progress.

Definitely give 1.2 a try, I'm pretty sure it resolves the sorting bug.

hi,

i am running version 1.2 of SSM and just had the same problem where my newly assigned items did not sort by order of appearance but by system id until i dragged one of them around at which point everything fell in place nicely :) i can live with that, but there is another thing that robs me of my sleep...

i have an image section with two fields

• an image upload field
  • a text field for descriptive text

and associated this image section via ssm with my blog section. if i now open up the images from my blog entry, the sort order seems to be by the description (text field) and not the system id or even the filename, which i would have assumed. is this by design? and if so, which text field is the extension using and can i change it somehow?

cheers and thanks in advance, daniel

Definitely give 1.2 a try, I'm pretty sure it resolves the sorting bug.

I've updated and so far have not been able to recreate the problem, so thanks - seems to have worked.

@azzagazz You should be able to change the sort order in your datasource under 'Sorting and Limiting'.

@hellosmithy: that would be the solution if i had a datasource. but since i only include the images section in my blog datasorce via the ssm i can not directly modify the sort order. i can only change by what field to sort within the blog entry, not the associated subsection. any ideas? or do i just have it all messed up in my head? :D

You could instead set your Blog DS to use the SSM as the Output Parameter. In another datasource, filter by the output parameter on the system:id and then apply the sorting there.

SSM output should be sorted correctly in your data source. If it isn't, could you please log an issue on GitHub? Thanks!

@nils: im not sure if i get the concept. i have two sections, blog and images. in the blog section i am referencing the images section via ssm. i have one datasource (blog) in which i attach the images subsection field and the sorting within that is fine (ie i can sort by dragging items about). what i cannot sort (or don't know how) is the order of the items(images) which i have not yet picked for a particular blog entry.

so if i have 300 images and want to add the last two uploaded ones to a blog entry i have to search through all 300 to find the ones i just uploaded. because they dont sort by filename or system id. they sort alphabetically by the text field i added to the image section for descriptive text.

Ah right, custom sorting in the backend, not on the frontend.

I'm not sure it's possible at the moment, but I'm sure @nils is getting an appreciation for just how difficult a linking field can be to develop :D

No, that's not possible. SSM sorts alphabetically in the backend and offering different sorting modes is not a planed feature.

By the way, it seems like you're creating your subsection items separately. Why don't you use the inline create new button so you won't have to search for the latest items?

Hi Nils,

Subsection Manager is great, thanks for that.

I have some things for the wish list, if there is one ;-)

• possibility to initiate the Ajax call for getting the section entries manually.
  • It would be great to be able to set a filter using "?filter=key:value" syntax (using js in the publish page)
  • and pre populate new entries using the "?prepopulate[fieldid]=value" (using js in the publish page)

The use case is to be able to link subsection managers. Example:

Section "Brand" with a name. Section "Model" with a name and select link to Brand.

Initially Model would be disabled. When a Brand is chosen, the Model subsection manager would update with the ?filter=Brand:[id of chosen brand] and display only the models linked to the chosen brand. When i want to add a model, the "create new" would use ?prepopulate[id of brand link field]=[id of chosen brand].

This would be a great addition to subsection manager. Chaining more subsection managers would be possible as well. like Section "Type" with a name and Select link to Model and the same behavior.

Does this make any sense?

New to Symphony CMS and just discovered this plugin, exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Is there any way to allow inline editing but prevent the editor opening up when dropping an element?

Actually, the editor should not open when an item is dropped. It's a tricky task though because it's not easy to distinguish between a clicking or a dragging action.

I'm busy with other things at the moment but I hope to revise this and a few other interface interactions during September.

Would you mind posting this issue on Github along with your browser name and version? Thanks!