Search

Cool! Great News, we will come.

Would it be possible to donate towards the cost of getting some good recordings made? I'd be more than willing to throw in some cash, considering I can't really afford to get there for reals.

For those looking for the schedule of the conference: We just added the the agenda of the weekend to the first post in this thread.

My ticket is booked and confirmed. I'll be arriving Thursday 29 August, 6:30 am at Frankfurt Airport and will be catching the train to Cologne. My return flight is Monday 3 September, 12:35 pm.

I haven't looked into accommodation just yet but I'm keen to stay near all the attendees.

See you there folks!

My ticket is booked and confirmed

Small virtual high five. Looking forward to it.

I am about to book a hotel. I am surprised no one mentioned the NH Hotel Cologne Mediapark: that's right next to the venue, not?

Am I missing something here? (It's not the cheapest but NH is quite nice in my experience)

Unless I miss something important I think I'll just book this hotel. Pity if there are no other Symphonians there…

Still jealous that all you folk get to meet up (required), drink German bier (optional) and talk Symphony (required) for three days! You also get to see Allen in the flesh.

Looking forward to all the buzz as we draw closer (it's only a month away!)

Maybe you can join us via video?

Am I missing something here?

I don't think it's far from the city centre to the venue, so I decided to stay in the centre with the other hotels/restaurants/sights etc.

@nickdunn. That's a good point too. Hmm

So, the Symposium is only a few weeks away; Has everyone who registered checked his attendance status on the conference's mini site?

Yep - looking forward to it.

Yap, just did :-)

@Absatz: Cool, just saw that you are from Bremen. Any chance that you will be on the ICE train from Hamburg to Cologne on Thursday morning?

Please tell me that this will be live broadcast on ustream ( it records as well so those of us who arent there or cant watch live can see what went down ).

The iPhone app works amazingly well for broadcasting too !

Really wish I could be there !!

@into, you're currently set to be under those "Who might be coming". Might want to change that if you know you're not able to.

I heard there will be a camera available to record, but I haven't heard about whether or not it will be streamed.

Videos

Just a short note on video recording during this year's Symposium: The plan is to record all sessions as long as the speakers agree to be filmed. There will be no streaming, but we will – as long as we don't run into technical problems – publish a video podcast after the conference.

Participants

Currently, we've got 21 people saying that they might be coming. The Symposium is only 1 week ahead, so I guess everyone knows if he will or if he will not be attending the conference.

Please update your registration accordingly. Thanks!
An accurate number of participants is important for the catering.

Chats

On Sunday, there will be development sessions and discussions and we welcome everyone to join us via chat. Time slots will be announced during the weekend.

A Author workflow in the Symphony backend:
How do we implement an author workflow? How could the Symphony core help us? Can we improve the core functionality and/or UI? (e.g.: relationship management, subsections)
B Symphony extensions: Duplicate extensions, quality issues etc.
C Symphony 2.3 UI
D Symphony 2.3 default ensemble

Can we ask Craig to send an email out to those on the 'Might Attend' list in case they don't look at this thread?

Just a thought.

Everybody in one of the two lists should have received an email a while back. Didn't you get one, John?