Search

Lovely report, Stephen. I completely forgot to invite you to Hamburg. Maybe something to consider for your next trip to Germany!

@Tintin81, I'm sorry I missed Hamburg. I here it is lovely. Next time!

I've just uploaded the only video that I took while at the Symposium. There was a moment where @klaftertief was busy transferring the video files from the previous day, so I quickly jumped in to make sure we captured Allen's keynote presentation.

Note: It is queued up on Vimeo for conversion. So just wait a bit while the file gets processed. It's up and ready for viewing.

Thanks Stephen.

I still need to convert some of the videos. Stay tuned.videos. Stay tuned.

@klaftertief - how's the video conversion coming along?

@klaftertief - how's the video conversion coming along?

Uploading the raw videos (to a sercret place) just finished today. The next step is to review and post-process. I guess this will need some more days.

Cool. thanks for the update.

Bump, how's that process going Jonas? I'm keen to see the footage from the conference :)

@klaftertief - what's the status on the video conversion?

Jonas has uploaded most of Friday's videos and one of Saturday's videos to his server. We're currently going through the videos and checking with the participants if they've footage is OK to be used publicly. Of the videos we have, half contain sensitive content and won't be published.

Unfortunately the video/sound quality of the remaining videos is not great, so we're a little undecided on how useful these will be to the community. At this stage I have converted Nick's 84 Days until Christmas ready for a Vimeo upload. Allen is currently looking over it and seeing if he can improve the quality of the video (his ninja skills are much better than mine ;)) but at the very least we hope to have this video up before Christmas.

There are a couple of other candidates we'd like to have up on Vimeo, especially some of Saturday's videos, but these aren't available yet.

Thanks for the patience, and we've learnt a lot in the process about recording!

@brendo - Sweet! Thanks for the update!

I guess this is one better than last year where there was no sound whatsoever ;-)

Suggest we dub over last years recording (what a major #fail that was) - you do a pretty good impression of Allen, right?!

half contain sensitive content and won't be published.

You mean when Nick and Allen got all naked and breakdanced through the conference room?

You mean when Nick and Allen got all naked and breakdanced through the conference room?

You should have seen that! It was, ehmmmm, interesting...

We performed, but you all watched! We're all in it together now.

Here's Nick Dunn's talk on Friday on Vimeo.

The quality for both the video and audio is not the best. I've tried to bump up Nick's vocals as much as I could but the ambient noise can make sections of the talk a little difficult to make out.

Thanks Allen!