Search

Simone and I will arrive on thursday afternoon I guess, see you there!

2 seats left

We are nearly "sold out". If you want to take part, please hurry up and update your status on the Symposium 2011 page.

If you are already listed as "attending" but can not attend, please make room for others by updating your status.

hello Symphony world,

I'm @hipertipo on Twitter, and will be arriving Thursday evening at the Hostel Cologne.

Looking forward to learn a lot from you all.

So that's three of us at the hostel! Two from the Netherlands and me, from England.

Happy to meet up with people on Thursday night, although tiredness may make me quieter than usual.

The lounge bar sounds ok at the hostel, I won't be used to being able to smoke indoors though!

You have a smoking bar??? Which hotel? (Maybe I can switch.)

It's the hostel cologne...
Not sure about the smoking though Most of the eu has prohibited smoking in public place, including germany

So i guess you don't have to bother michael :)

Would be cool if you joined us anyway! :) the more the better!

The funny thing is that regulations are not the same throughout Germany. Every time I come somewhere else, I am astonished. Looks like there are still smoking bars in Cologne (and smoking hotel rooms). So I just asked myself why I (!) have booked a non-smoking hotel.

It says it on the website... That'll do for me and my one/two cigarette(s) a day habit ;o)

I'm surprised, although in the Netherlands some bars don't care about the rules...
No excuses to switch for you anymore michael ;)

Are y'all recording?

@michael-e There shouldn't be a problem to find a smoking bar in cologne. But I think we should have a common place to meet on thursday evening. I'll keep you posted about a nice pub or similar.

@bauhouse: Same hotel, right?

@michael-e: Yes. I'll be staying at the art'otel, too. I'll arrive in Cologne at 5:30pm (from Vancouver via London). I've got a 6-day DB Bahn pass for my week following the conference, but I'll be finding another way to get from the airport to the hotel. What's my best option?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/bauhouse

Again, the reason for the train pass is to, hopefully do a studio tour of Germany to visit other Symphonists. Again, thank you for your kind invitation, Johanna and Nils. Plus, I hear congratulations are in order! You are officially a studio of three. I look forward to meeting Max :-)

Are y'all recording?

http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/63001/8/#position-156

Just a short note on video recording during this year's Symposium: The plan is to record all sessions as long as the speakers agree to be filmed. There will be no streaming, but we will – as long as we don't run into technical problems – publish a video podcast after the conference.

@nickdunn - Wow! Sorry, I got caught behind on this thread. If I wasn't lazy and just looked a couple of more pages, I would found my answer. Yikes. Sorry about that. Forgive me. Thanks for posting.

I will be staying at the Art'otel. Also, my twitter username is @chaoticpattern.

@Allen: When will you arrive?

I will arrive Thursday, 29 Sep at 6:30 am at the Frankfurt airport and plan to catch a train to Cologne.

So we'll probably meet in the hotel anyway. I'll be there in the afternoon.

Hello Nils,

Just opened a Twitter account so you can add me to your list: http://twitter.com/#!/designbitsHH

Actually, I think I'm already following you...

@bauhouse: I will arrive at the airport as well. From there one can go by train (which is inexpensive) or by taxi (15 kilometers, approx. 30 Euro). I am not sure which train one should to take, but if I find out, I will keep you posted.