Search

@Remie Definitely, let's do that!

I think the only thing against it would be the fact that the last two Symposia were Europe-based and there's quite a few American/Australian (etc.) based Symphonians.

Why don't you invite for a small European meet-up early next year? No one ever said that there can only be one Symposium per year :)

Good point. I'd be happy to organize a small European meetup in Holland (probably Amsterdam/Utrecht) early next year. I'm confident there's some Dutch Symphony users willing to help.

As a matter of fact, I've been thinking earlier of a specific Dutch meetup. Especially since some Dutch users (e.g. 'Them Twisted guys' :P ) were not able to attend the Symposium.

@davidhund: you talkin' to me?

How about holding the Symposium 2012 in Holland? (Amsterdam/Utrecht/Eindhoven) ;-)

@kanduvisla You bet! Got a problem with that, huh?! ;)

On the previous page @Remie actually proposed having the 2012 Symposium in Holland. Obviously I'd be delighted but there's other considerations.

Why not start with some smaller Dutch meetups in the meantime? Maybe Twisted could host such an event? (Many Symphony users live in/near Eindhoven anyway I noticed)

[Nils] No one ever said that there can only be one Symposium per year :)

[kanduvisla] How about holding the Symposium 2012 in Holland? (Amsterdam/Utrecht/Eindhoven) ;-)

Like it! :)

@kanduvisla: do you really think Eindhoven can be compared to London or Cologne?

@david: how about a weekly gathering in Leeuwarden?

@Remie Weekly is a bit to frequent methinks and why not have meetings in Holland (*ducks*) :)

PS: Seriously: I'd love to meetup sometime soon, regardless of (NL) location

@Nils - No rush. Just was checking. Thanks for doing that by the way!!!

In the meantime: another big thank you to Jonas (@klaftertief) and the rest of the Germans for putting up such a great event. Really well planned and organized!

Hello folks,

I had a great time at the Symposium in Köln, and felt really welcome as a new user/member.

Expect to see me around asking questions more often from now on. And count me in for local meetings in Holland!

Thank you for visiting Germany and participating in our little event :) Seems like you've all arrived back home safely.

@Nils as you already know, we're not all home quite yet. I'm on the next phase of my trip, the studio tour of Germany. Thanks for the tour of Bonn, @klaftertief. And thank you @Nils and @Johanna for showing me around Braunschweig.

So where do we meet next time?

It might be interesting to start more informal meetups as well, just as a way of letting people know about Symphony. Something like a monthly meeting of local Symphonists or to introduce Symphony to some new people. Would anyone want to meet up in Vancouver?

On a more serious note: I'm following the activity on GitHub and it is great to see the boast the Symposium has given to everyone to pick up issues and give shape to all the ideas and thoughts to move forward with Symphony 2.3 and even 2.4! It's such a shame I wasn't able to attend :(

Sorry if this was answered already, but where are the videos?

I still need to convert some of the videos. Stay tuned.

Is there a Jonas fund to top up what was put into this event? or do we just add to the current donation button?

We still wait for @klaftertief to add those numbers... I am sure he will manage to sum it up. :-)

I just finished my series of blog posts about my trip to Germany, and I've uploaded photos of the highlights of the Symphony Symposium 2011 and my tour of Germany to Flickr.