Search

To get back on a very old discussion: the members vs admin stuff has frustrated me quite a bit. When you are logged-in in the backend, it should still be possible to log out of the frontend. At this moment, there is no way to debug "logged out" pages, because the debug devkit requires you to be logged in as admin, and no 403 pages are thrown when you are an admin.

Pretty please, I know this is by design, but please, please change this! I hate to have to test things in another browser, find they are not working, go back to my dev browser, navigate to the 403 page directly, debug, go back to another browser, etc.

I second this request. I still don't understand why this dependency has been implemented.

a duplicate "activation" entry in the database

What exactly do you mean? Duplicate Member IDs in the Members' field table? (I can't find any in my installation.)

I've had several members complain that they can't log in, it seems to be quite random. I also find that when I browse in Symphony backend to these members I get an error. That's what made me go check out the "activation" field table in the database, I find entries like this that have duplicate entry_id's:

id      entry_id    activated   timestamp               code
1667    15          yes         2012-02-27 22:33:33     NULL
1789    15          yes         2012-02-27 22:33:33     NULL

As soon as I delete one of these duplicates, then the member can log in.

Now that is strange. I couldn't find any of these duplicates.

How can this happen? Is it related to the fact that the entry_id in this table is defined as non-unique index?

Maybe @brendo has an idea?

Is Members is compatible with soon to be release S2.3? Filed issue in git and hopefully will be awesome for my project.

have you checked the integration branch?

yup, I forgot to mentioned I was trying the integration branch in my previous post.

I have some trouble getting this to work with 2.3 RC2 when creating a new member role:

An error occurred in /www/sym23/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.general.php around line 1364

Is Members is compatible with soon to be release S2.3?

Not quite. I've penciled in a night next week to make it so though.

I've had this working great on the staging and the production server. Recently I had to set up a new staging server so copied from production to staging.

On the staging server a member can log in but as soon as they move to another page the member is logged out. Any thoughts on where to look?

Edit

Just tidy up a loose end here, deleted everything and re-synced using different FTP client, whilst omitting manifest/cache and all was well. put it down to user error

Any update on S2.3 compatibility? I tried installing Members in my 2.3 installation and I get an error when trying to create a new section:

Symphony Warning: Missing argument 1 for fieldMemberActivation::__construct(), called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/development/stripe_payments/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.fieldmanager.php on line 534 and defined

Just looking to find out if the update hasn't been completed yet or if something is wrong with my set-up.

@kaleetos That error does not come up on my 2.3 installation with the integration branch. Are you using that one?

As petsagouris said, Members is currently in an RC status for the 2.3 release. It has been updated and should be stable, but needs to be more thoroughly tested to verify this. A complete Members installation also requires the Email Template Manager or Email Template Filter extensions to be up to date and I believe both still need a little work. Soon!

Great, thanks guys.

Well something is not right. I cloned the integration branch petsagouris mentioned but I'm still getting the same error. I'm working on a local install (using MAMP). Could that have something to do with it?

Edit: Scratch that. I tried using github's "Clone on Mac" button for the first time with this. I was on the integration branch page but that button still cloned the Master. I cloned the integration branch with the command line and its working fine now. Thanks guys.

@kaleetos, I'm surprise as well. Which command did you use to clone the integration branch?

I'd like to get the username of the current logged in member; I'm trying to do this by filtering a DS (called 'members') and limiting the pagination to one result (as per this suggestion), but I can't figure out what to add the filter on -- e.g. System ID, username (Member: Username) etc.

I want to be able to filter by Member: ID, but that isn't an option.

Whatever I filter on, I always end up with one entry output to my page, regardless of whether or not anyone is logged in.

@davidpmccormick: you do have access to the member ID! It is added to the parameter pool as $member-id. You can use this to filter your DS using {$member-id} on the System ID field.

If you want to only have results if you have a matching $member-id, add ,false to the filter. This is a bit of a hack (maybe anyone else has a better method of doing this?) but it will prevent random entries to be selected. The WHERE clause that is constructed for filters uses an IN() list to match the entries. If the IN() list remains empty, this will cause MySQL to return a random entry. By adding ,false to the filter, the IN() list will be IN({$member-id},false) which will only match the entry with the corresponding ${member-id} or no records (because no System ID will ever match 'false').

Amazing, remie; thanks.

You're welcome!