Search

The “Last Post” column already links to the last unread item.

It does not for me. I have a lot of unread posts at the moment but the the “Last Post” column (as the name implicates) always links to the last item of a thread. Example:

[Documentation] Using Extensions, 3 new | 3 | Today | MrBlank

Hm, I wanted to edit my above comment (second page, first entry), but when I click edit I get Nick’s first comment in this thread (first page, first entry).

Edit: Editing this post works fine …
Edit 2: Now the other one is editable, too. There seem to be some inconsistencies though.

Another one: When writing or editing a comment on the second page, you’ll get redirected to the first page of the thread (and not the second one).

Hm, I wanted to edit my above comment (second page, first entry), but when I click edit I get Nick’s first comment in this thread (first page, first entry).

Fixed.

Edit 2: Now the other one is editable, too. There seem to be some inconsistencies though.

Apologies. I was hot fixing the bug.

Another one: When writing or editing a comment on the second page, you’ll get redirected to the first page of the thread (and not the second one).

Should be fixed too.

Great help guys. We’re looking to release the forum ensemble soon and this helps polish up the bugs before we release it.

I know, there have been discussions about this as the old (former Symphony 2 beta) forum was launched: I really like to have a list of the current visitors. If you’re discussing things or if you’re helping out someone in the forum, you might stay around, if you know that the one you’re talking to is currently browsing the forum, too.

Apologies. I was hot fixing the bug.

Should be fixed too.

Yes, both seems to be fixed, thanks Allen!

a list of the current visitors

This one is being hotly discussed. We may implement this, not sure yet. Meanwhile any suggestions as to where to put it would be appreciated.

This one is being hotly discussed.

Maybe, it could be optionally displayed (as a setting in the profile).

Meanwhile any suggestions as to where to put it would be appreciated.

Oh, yes - this one is tricky. I’ve not been thinking long about it, but maybe it could go near the logout:

Hello, Nils. There are currently 12 users browsing the forum [Logout]

If you click on the user count maybe the user names could be shown in some kind of drawer or tooltip.
Far from perfect - but an idea …

Should be fixed too.

Ah, I found something similar: If I start a new thread I’ll be redirected to the overview page. I think it would helpful to be redirected to the newly created thread. This way you can check the styling and stuff like that.

Ah, I found something similar: If I start a new thread I’ll be redirected to the overview page. I think it would helpful to be redirected to the newly created thread. This way you can check the styling and stuff like that.

That should be fixed as well.

I raised this by e-mail to Allen, but I’d love to see avatar/profile images implemented — the easiest method being with Gravatar. Github uses them, as do many other forums and commenting systems. It makes reading threads much easier since you can recognise an avatar rather than reading author handles for each post.

Times added to post dates is another win for me too. Gives more context in a flowing discussion.

The “Currently online” list could sit on the first page of the forum under the pagination.

I’d also like to see pagination at the top as well. A couple of times I’ve missed that there’s more than one page. To keep it simple perhaps at the top of a discussion (either after the Title, or floated top-right) there could be a “Page 1 of 2” label.

Hmm, yeah gravatar would be nice. Let’s see… Done!

Not sure about this time displayed on comments… Oh wait, done!

The styles have changed so you may have to force refresh the page to get the layout update.

Bravo :-)

Concerning the post times: I think we’ll need a timezone setting in the profile. Being in Europe, Australian time is quite confusing ;)

The account activation is now fixed, however there is still a mistake in the email being sent once activation is complete.

Dear Nick Shepherd,

Congratulations on obtaining your Symphony citizenship!

To begin your orientation, you might like to check out the following:

• Share your extensions, ensembles and XSLT utilities at http://getsymphony.com/downloads/

• Participate in lively discussions at http://getsymphony.com/forum/

• Check your stats at http://getsymphony.com/members/{$username-and-passwsord::username}/

• Help us improve Symphony’s documentation at http://getsymphony.com/documentation/

Regards,

Symphony Team

Notice the link to stats. The variables aren’t being parsed. :)

Anyone else finding they are logged-out randomly? Wondering what sort o’ sessions/cookies the membership system is using.

Yes, I’ve got the logout problem, too.

Yes, I’ve got the logout problem, too.

Ditto.

Just an idea: maybe it would be good to add additional “bugs and discussions” URL field to extension entries? So authors could make it point to issues on GitHub or some post on this forum (or other URL, but i suspect You want to check domains to prevent spam URLs :).

edit: sorry for posting this as a bug :).

This isn’t a bug, but a feature request:

On the individual profile pages, could we add a link to our personal Web site that would be visible to other forum members? I’m interested in reading or seeing what my Symphony peeps are doing. Usually, I find all kinds of great Symphoy/Web related goodies that way.

I know we could put our personal sites in the gallery and it’d show up on our profiles but not everyone uses Symphony for their personal sites.