Search

For the repo as standard. Then clone the repo with this tag before the repo name

-b experimental

This will automatically pull down and checkout the experimental branch.

Thanks, John. It worked.

Removed after reading carefully this comment.

Fork, clone. Then run

git branch experimental      # create branch
git checkout experimental    # switch to branch
git pull origin experimental # pull newest data into branch

And I can add, after having to figure this out yesterday myself, if you forked Nils’ repository before he added the experimental branch you can update your local clone with it this way:

git remote add upstream https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/subsectionmanager.git
git fetch upstream
git checkout -b experimental upstream/experimental

You’ll now have a local branch matching Nils’ branch named experimental, which you can push to your github account (the “origin” remote). And you should probably init and update submodules to get Stage. (‘checkout -b’ does the same as a ‘git branch’ and ‘git checkout’ in one step).

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Still have some troubles with git. See this thread for details.

@vladG: I’m not sure why you get into this trouble with GitHub, but I could cherry pick the translation from your fork. Is this the correct file?

Yes, that’s the one. Thank you.

Okay, Vlad, I cherry picked your translation which is now in the experimental branch of the main repository. Thanks a lot for your contribution!

Regarding your issue with Git and GitHub: Would you mind posting this in a separate thread as this is a general and not a Subsection Manager specific problem? That would be kind.

Git discussion moved here.

@Nils

Don’t know if you’re aware of this, but in version 1.1beta4, the experimental branch, there may be a bug.

In entry editing form, clicking on the remove button, the subentry expands / folds instead of closing (see ssm1.jpg).

Attachments:
ssm1.jpg

I’m not sure if I can follow. It seems to work just fine for me:

• Clicking the remove button will always remove an item from the selection, independent of on opened or closed drawer/editor.
  • Clicking the row (not the remove button) will toggle the drawer/editor (either open or close it).

This part

Clicking the remove button will always remove an item from the selection, independent of on opened or closed drawer/editor.

isn’t working for me.

The only way of removing a subentry is to click on the list below Browse. I will wait for the stable release for both symphony and ssm and check it again then.

Which browser and OS are you using? Are there any errors in the JavaScript console? Have you made sure that the Stage submodule is up-to-date and pointing to the experimental branch?

WinXP SP3, Firefox. No js errors. Latest updates for SSM and Stage (downloaded manually from your experimental repos to be sure).

Thanks for the details - I’m able to reproduce your issue and will have a look at it.

Hope it helps. I didn’t really delve in the .js. I supposed I should do it and search for the bug.

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks!

Translations

This is a last call for translators: If you like to add new or update language files to Subsection Manager 1.1, please send a pull request to https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/subsectionmanager/tree/experimental.